June 18, 2014 – The Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES) would like to alert the Canadian sport community that the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has made amendments to Section S.2.1 of the 2014 Prohibited List.
Effective September 1, 2014, hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF) activators xenon and argon will be prohibited in and out of competition. For more information on the amendment, visit playtrue.wada-ama.org/news/wada-amends-section-s-2-1-of-2014-prohibited-list.
For the revised 2014 Prohibited List, visit www.wada-ama.org/en/Science-Medicine/Prohibited-List.
Athletes are responsible for any prohibited substances that may be found in their sample. The CCES encourages athletes to verify the status of their medications using the following CCES resources:
- Global DRO (www.globaldro.com)
- CCES Substance Classification Booklet (www.cces.ca/en/substance)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the CCES Info Line at 1-800-672-7775
For prescribed substances that require a medical exemption, athletes subject to doping control should consult the CCES or their international federation to get complete information on the application process.
- The CCES Medical Exemption Wizard (www.cces.ca/mewizard) can help athletes find out if they need to apply in advance for a therapeutic use exemption (TUE) or be prepared for a medical review following doping control. The Wizard describes where and when to submit an application, and what to include in the medical file.
- Email email@example.com
The CCES is an independent, national, not-for profit organization with a responsibility to administer the CADP. Under the CADP rules, the CCES announces publicly every anti-doping rule violation. We recognize that true sport can make a great difference for individuals, communities and our country. We are committed to working collaboratively to activate a values-based and principle-driven sport system; protecting the integrity of sport from the negative forces of doping and other unethical threats; and advocating for sport that is fair, safe and open to everyone.