February 19, 2009 (Vancouver, B.C.) – The Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival (VIMFF) is screening February 20-28 with a special Mountain Bike Film Evening presented by Norco on February 26, featuring guest speaker Pat Mulrooney in a slide show, “Elusive Single-Track in the Chilcotins” – riding the hidden corners of the Chilcotin region of British Columbia.
– Brocation (Canada, 2008, 16 min, directed by Brock Anderson) The film follows Wylie Easton on his bike trips around the Lower Mainland and the interior of British Columbia.
– Dan Barham’s “everything” presentation of mountain biking images with music.
– Gobi (Canada, 2008, 4 min, directed by Jeremy Grant) Two of the world’s best freeride mountain bikers search for the ultimate riding experience in the Gobi Desert of China.
– Revolution One (USA/Canada, 2009, 10 min, directed by Dan Heaton) Scenes from the upcoming unicycling film by Dan Heaton.
– Jamie Houssian’s “Collective: A Look Back Behind the Scenes.” One of the most prolific and innovative mountain biking directors delivers a presentation on the art of shooting biking films.
– Seasons – Festival Cut (Canada, 2008, 20 min, directed by Jamie Houssian) Festival version of last year’s film by the Collective crew, featuring all-season riding and interviews with the riders.
Doors open at 6:30 pm / Show 7:30 pm
2300 Lonsdale, North Vancouver
Advanced Tickets $17 / $19 at door
Call 604.984.4484 or order online at www.vimff.org