September 22, 2011 (Mansfield ON) – The first of the Ontario University Cup Series mountain bike races took place this past weekend at the Mansfield Outdoor Centre near Mansfield Ontario. Student athletes representing a number of Ontario universities and colleges were eager to once again be a part of this fun series. In its 13th year the U-Cup welcomes student athletes who want to try cross country mountain bike racing. There are advanced divisions for those with race experience, and a beginner division for the first time racers.
Not all schools have mountain bike clubs, so you can register “day-of”. New riders are welcome. Male and Female.
2011 U-Cup race Info HERE.
Men’s “A” Division Results
1. Etienne Moreau (Queen’s University)
2. Kelsey Krushel (University of Ottawa)
3. Jon Slaughter (Queen’s University)
Women’s “A” Division Results
1. Haley Smith (Queen’s University)
2. Victoria Giagrande (Queen’s University)
3. Kimberly Hagsteijn (Queen’s University)
Men’s “B” Division Results
1. Kurt Robbins (Wilfrid Laurier University)
2. Chris Rowley (McMaster University)
3. Nicolas Tarchandjian (University of Guelph)
Women’s “B” Division Results
1. Kassia Blattner (Queen’s University)
2. Amanda Wudarzewski (Queen’s University)
3. Natalie Gillis (University of Guelph)
Next race – U-Cup #2 / Sunday Sept 25th @ London Ski Club / Boler Mountain (London, ON) – info HERE.