July 05, 2015 (Lenzerheide, SUI) – Gunn-Rita Dahle Flesjaa (Nor) Multivan Merida Biking Team won a historic 29th World Cup in the Elite Women’s 29.5km race today in Lenzerheide breaking a tie she’s held with Julie Furtado (USA). Dahle Flesjaa adds another milestone to her incredible record of victories.
Dahle Flesjaa and Canada’s Catharine Pendrel (Luna Pro Team), who finished third, broke away from the pack on the first lap of seven as early Jolanda Neff (Sui) Stoeckli Pro Team fell off the pace. On the fourth lap Dahle Flesjaa gapped Pendrel and never looked back while Lea Davison (USA) Specialized Racing was having the ride of her life.
On the final lap Davison caught Pendrel on hot and dusty day that took it’s toll to claim a career-best second with Pendrel, the reigning World champ, settling for third. Fellow Canuck, Emily Batty (Trek Factory Racing), who was in the mid-teens following the start, moved up to claim 7th overall.
1. Gunn-Rita Dahle Flesjaa (Nor) Multivan Merida Biking Team 1:32:15
2. Lea Davison (USA) Specialized Racing 1:00
3. Catharine Pendrel (Can) Luna Pro Team 1:38
4. Jolanda Neff* (Sui) Stoeckli Pro Team 2:05
5. Irina Kalentyeva (Rus) Moebel Maerki MTB Pro Team 2:12
6. Maja Wloszczowska (Pol) Kross Racing Team 2:41
7. Emily Batty (Can) Trek Factory Racing 2:59
8. Eva Lechner (Ita) Team Colnago Sudtirol 3:32
9. Annika Langvad (Den) Specialized Racing 3:44
10. Annie Last (Gbr) 4:19
Full results here.