UCI World Cup XC Albstadt Elite Women’s Results – Belomoina Wins, Batty 10th
Emily Batty © Michal Cerveny
May 28, 2017 (Albstadt, GER) – Emily Batty (Trek Factory Racing XC) led the Canadian charge in hot conditions in the 28km Elite women’s race, start loop plus 6 laps, at round #2 of the UCI World Cup XCO in Albstadt, Germany today finishing 10th. Yana Belomoina (Ukr) CST Sandd American Eagle MTB Racing Team made history winning the Ukraine’s first-ever World Cup.
Women's Podium ©
Catharine Pendrel (Can) Clif Pro Team moved up well from 22nd at the start to as high as 5th but ended up joining Batty in the chase group and finished 14th.
Catharine Pendrel © Michal Cerveny
Sandra Walter (Team Canada) was having a strong day as well as high as 19th to finish 24th. Cindy Montambault (Team Canada) was 39th, Haley Smith (Can) Norco Factory Team XC placed 47th and Catherine Fleury (Can) Team Canada finished just behind in 48th.
Sandra Walter © Michal Cerveny
1. Yana Belomoina (Ukr) CST Sandd American Eagle MTB Racing Team 1:38:25
2. Maja Wloszczowska (Pol) Kross Racing Team 0:16
3. Jolanda Neff (Sui) Kross Racing Team 0:23
4. Linda Indergand (Sui) Focus XC Team 1:10
5. Rebecca Henderson (Aus) Independant 1:39
6. Alessandra Keller* (Sui) Radon Factory XC Team 2:06
7. Sabine Spitz (Ger) Wiawis Bikes Pro Team 3:01
8. Adelheid Morath (Ger) 3:13
9. Gunn Rita Dahle Flesja (Nor) Team Merida Gunn-Rita 3:40
10. Emily Batty (Can) Trek Factory Racing XC 3:48
14. Catharine Pendrel (Can) Clif Pro Team 4:50
24. Sandra Walter (Can) Team Canada 6:49
39. Cindy Montambault (Can) Team Canada 10:20
47. Haley Smith (Can) Norco Factory Team XC -1 Lap
48. Catherine Fleury (Can) Team Canada -1 Lap
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.