March 26, 2015 (Apeldoorn, Netherlands) – Brayden McDougall (Calgary, AB) was fourth in the individual time trial on the opening day of the 2015 UCI Para-Cycling Track World Championships in Apeldoorn, the Netherlands.
McDougall stopped the clock at 1:23.402 after one kilometer of solo racing in the men C1 class, and finished 2.4 seconds from the third place and nine seconds behind the winning time of 1:14.445 posted by Chinese Zhangyu Li.
In the Men C3, Michael Sametz (Calgary, AB) finished 13th with a time of 1:17.610. Sametz is participating at his first UCI Track World Championships.
Marie-Claude Molnar (St-Bruno, QC) took part in the women’s C4 time trial race and raced to a time of 43.769 seconds, finishing in eighth position. Molnar came very close to the podium in a highly competitive field, finishing 3.4 seconds from the podium.
The event continues tomorrow with the individual pursuit races for the Men and Women C1-C3 classes. Milley, Sametz, and Ross Wilson (Edmonton, AB) will compete for Canada.
Time Trial Results
Men C1 – 1000m
1. Zhangyu Li (CHN) 1:14.445
2. Arnoud Nijhuis (NED) 1:15.843
3. Rodrigo Fernand Lopez (ARG) 1:21.001
4. Brayden McDougall (CAN) 1:23.402
Men C3 – 100m
1. Joseph Berenyi (USA) 1:09.836
2. Diedrick Schelfhout (BEL) 1:11.189
3. Sergey Batukov (RUS) 1:11.273
13. Michael Sametz (CAN) 1:17.610
Women C4 – 500m
1. Jianping Ruan (CHN) 37.909
2. Katherine Horan (NZL) 39.279
3. Susan Powell (AUS) 40.366
8. Marie-Claude Molnar (CAN) 43.769