August 09, 2015 (Windham, NY) – Pauline Ferrand Prevot (Fra) RaboLiv rode away on the first lap in hot and dusty conditions to claim the 26.6km Elite Women’s XCO victory at round #5 in Windham. Jolanda Neff (Sui) Stoeckli Pro Team recovered after falling back to 11th after the start to finish second and retain her overall series lead.
Specialized Racing took two podium spots with Annika Langvad (Den) also recovering following two crashes to take third with teammate Lea Davison (USA) 4th to the delight of local fans. Adelheid Morath (Ger) BH-SR Suntour-KMC had her best World Cup result in 5th.
Emily Batty (Trek Factory Racing) was the top Canadian in 14th after a tough start that saw her in 25th as she clawed back many spots. Fellow Canuck Catharine Pendrel (Luna Pro Team) moved up quickly to second but fell back on the fourth lap and did not recover ending up 25th on the day.
1. Pauline Ferrand Prevot (Fra) RaboLiv 1:33:25
2. Jolanda Neff (Sui) Stoeckli Pro Team 1:28
3. Annika Langvad (Den) Specialized Racing 2:09
4. Lea Davison (USA) Specialized Racing 2:12
5. Adelheid Morath (Ger) BH-SR Suntour-KMC 2:41
6. Tanja Zakelj (Slo) Unior Tools Team 2:58
7. Gunn-Rita Dahle Flesjaa (Nor) Multivan Merida Biking Team 3:17
8. Maja Wloszczowska (Pol) Kross Racing Team 3:49
9. Yana Belomoina (Ukr) Betch.NL Superior Brentjens MTB Racing Team 4:12
10. Blaza Klemencic (Slo) Habitat Mountainbiketeam 4:28
14. Emily Batty (Can) Trek Factory Racing 5:30
25. Catharine Pendrel (Can) Luna Pro Team 8:38
32. Mikaela Kofman (Can) Scott-3Rox Racing 11:11
36. Cindy Montambault (Can) 12:38
44. Rebecca Beaumont (Can) -2 Laps
45. Elyse Nieuwold (Can) -2 Laps
1. Jolanda Neff (Sui) Stoeckli Pro Team 1,100
2. Gunn-Rita Dahle Flesjaa (Nor) Multivan Merida Biking Team 910
4. Catharine Pendrel (Can) Luna Pro Team 726
4. Lea Davison (USA) Specialized Racing 700
5. Emily Batty (Can) Trek Factory Racing 583