August 21, 2005 – Anne-Caroline Chausson (FRA, Commencal-Oxbow) and Samuel Hill (AUS, Iron Horse-Mad Catz) sped to victory in the seventh World Cup downhill of the series on a 2.6-kilometre course designed by 1997 World Cup Champion Corrado Herin.
Chausson flew down the 526 vertical metres in 4:52.97. Rachel Atherto (GBR, Animal-Giant) trailed by only 3.33 seconds, giving her second place.Emmeline Ragot (FRA, Qbikes-Les Sybelles) rounded out the top three.
Weather played a factor in the men’s race, with rain and snow overnight making the course much slower than the day before. Rain started again just a few riders into the final, changing conditions even more.
Brendan Fairclough (GBR, Royal Orange), the 2005 Junior European Champion, had an early start, which allowed him to avoid the rain and kept him in the hot seat for a long time. Greg Minnaar (RSA, G-Cross-Honda) was finally the one to dethrone him, but Hill quickly clobbered Minnaar’s time by over six seconds. Fairclough ultimately finished third, while Minnaar ended up second.
1. Anne-Caroline Chausson (FRA, Commencal-Oxbow) 4:52.97
2. Rachel Atherton (GBR, Animal-Giant) at 3.33
3. Emmeline Ragot (FRA, Qbikes-Les Sybelles) 6.74
4. Helen Gaskell (GBR, Intense) 11.76
5. Sabrina Jonnier (FRA, Intense) 13.55
6. Scarlett Hagen (NZL, Iron Horse-Mad Catz) 14.74
7. Tracy Moseley (GBR, Kona-Les Gets) 15.53
8. Celine Gros (FRA, Morzine-Avoriaz) 19.9
9. Vanessa Quin (NZL, Intense) 21.04
10. Nolvenn Le Caer (FRA, Mondraker) 22.39
19. Claire Buchar (CAN, Merlanduo-BeOne) 52.33
1. Samuel Hill (AUS, Iron Horse-Mad Catz) 4:15.64
2. Greg Minnaar (RSA, G-Cross-Honda) at 6.75
3. Brendan Fairclough (GBR, Royal Orange) 7.3
4. David Vazquez Lopez (ESP, Maxxis-MSC) 9.96
5. Fabien Barel (FRA, Kona-Les Gets) 10.12
6. Marc Beaumont (GBR, Animal Giant) 11.13
7. Justin Leov (NZL, Fox Shox Racing) 13.79
8. Alan Beggin (ITA) 13.98
9. Steve Peat (GBR, Orange) 14.28
10. Markolf Berchtold (BRA, Maxxis-MSC) 15.06