Big Minnaar is the only man to have beaten Gwin this season, doing it twice now. Minnaar was killing it all day and absolutely pinned through the second steep section where many were struggling.
He was ecstatic in the finish area. “After Mont Ste-Anne and Windham I didn’t have a load of confidence. I knew I had to put something together here, and I knew what I had to change up. At the end of the day I had fun and it’s a good bike race.”
Moseley was surprised at her win. “That was the most awkward start I have ever had. I ended up covered in shit and was soaked after the first corner. It wasn’t ever that wet this morning so I guess the water pooled there after people stopped practicing.
“Luckily I put a tear off on just before my start. I had so much crap in my face I wouldn’t have been able to see. I pulled a tear off at the top before the boardwalk and had no speed. I’m lucky I made the first gap jump. There was nothing amazing about my run, but I guess it was enough in pretty tough conditions today.”
Top Canadian on the day was Steve Smith in 7th place, another incredibly consistent finish for the Devinci Global Racing rider from Vancouver Island.
The riders now have a week off before the World Cup DH finals in Val di Sole, Italy where the track is a rider favourite.
1. Tracy Moseley (Gbr) Trek World Racing 2:32.829
2. Floriane Pugin (Fra) Scott 11 4.991
3. Sabrina Jonnier (Fra) Team Maxxis – Rocky Mountain 5.001
4. Rachel Atherton (Gbr) Commencal 13.556
5. Emmeline Ragot (Fra) Team GR 14.662
1. Greg Minnaar (RSA) Santa Cruz Syndicate 2:09.611
2. Gee Atherton (Gbr) Commencal 0.459
3. Aaron Gwin (USA) Trek World Racing 2.429
4. Fabien Barel (Fra) Mondraker Factory Team 3.473
5. Cameron Cole (Nzl) Lapierre International 3.979
7. Steve Smith (Can) Devinci Global Racing 4.390
Standings after 6 Rounds
1. Tracy Moseley (Gbr) Trek World Racing 1,330
2. Floriane Pugin (Fra) Scott 11 1,180
3. Rachel Atherton (Gbr) Commencal 945
13. Micayla Gatto (Can) Team Young Guns 235
1. Aaron Gwin (USA) Trek World Racing 1,308
2. Greg Minnaar (RSA) Santa Cruz Syndicate 998
3. Gee Atherton (Gbr) Commencal 847
4. Steve Smith (Can) Devinci Global Racing 732