Pendrel came from behind in the 20s to catch the leaders which included Batty who had moved up from 8th to second. On the last lap Pendrel took over the lead with amazing riding but couldn’t match Neff in the end and settled for a stellar 2nd with Batty 3rd for a top double podium performance by Canada.
1. Jolanda Neff (Sui) Stöckli Pro Team 1:28:30
2. Catharine Pendrel (Can) Luna Pro Team 0:25
3. Emily Batty (Can) Trek Factory Racing XC 0:48
4. Katerina Nash (Cze) Luna Pro Team 2:18
5. Maja Wloszczowska (Pol) Kross Racing Team 2:47
6. Alessandra Keller (Sui) Stöckli Pro Team 3:07
7. Adelheid Morath (Ger) BH-SR Suntour-KMC 3:07
8. Rebecca Henderson (Aus) Trek Factory Racing XC 3:18
9. Gunn-Rita Dahle Flesjaa (Nor) Multivan Merida Biking Team 3:27
10. Linda Indergand (Sui) Focus XC Team 3:39
50. Sandra Walter (Can) Team Canada 11:58
51. Rebecca Beaumont (Can) Team Canada 12:03
57. Haley Smith (Can) Team Canada 14:16
59. Cindy Montambault (Can) 16:23
Full results here.
1. Annika Langvad (Den) Specialized Racing 576 points
2. Catharine Pendrel (Can) Luna Pro Team 510
3. Linda Indergand (Sui) Focus XC Team 373
4. Emily Batty (Can) Trek Factory Racing XC 365
5. Alessandra Keller (Sui) Stöckli Pro Team 345
Full standings here.