March 14, 2016 – The Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) is pleased to announce the list (below) of 36 National Olympic Committees (NOCs) qualified for the Track Cycling events at the upcoming Olympic Games, and the quotas of athletes allocated to them. According to the Olympic qualification system calendar for Track Cycling, the NOCs must confirm the number of athletes entered by 28 March 2016, before the UCI reallocates the remaining places.
Canada has qualified riders in all five events for women and the Keirin for men – total 6 events. Kate O’Brien and Monique Sullivan were able to secure spots in the Team Sprint along with Sprint (2) and Keirin (2) as they finished ahead of Colombia and Venezuela at the 2016 Track Worlds. The Women’s Team Pursuit squad and Allison Beveridge secured spots in the WTP and Omnium while Hugo Barrette earned Keirin silver at the final WCup in Hong Kong to help Canada’s tally. Team Canada’s final Rio16 selections are pending later this year. Note: Australia, New Zealand and Germany received full quotas – ed.
Qualification system for the four Olympic disciplines
– Olympic qualification system for track
– Olympic qualification system for road
– Olympic qualification system for mountain bike
– Olympic qualification system for BMX
Venues and dates of Cycling events at the Rio 2016 Games
– Track: Rio Olympic Velodrome (Barra); August 11-16
– Road: Road Race: Fort Copacabana (Copacabana); 6-7 August Time Trial: Pontal (Barra); August 10
– Mountain Bike: Mountain Bike Centre (Deodoro); August 20-21
– BMX: Olympic BMX Centre (Deodoro); August 17-19