July 09, 2015 (Vancouver, BC) – Trek Red Truck Racing Team (TRT) is excited to announce its Men’s and Women’s team for Canada’s biggest cycling series – BC Superweek (July 10th -18th) at races in Delta, Burnaby, White Rock and the Global Relay Gastown Grand Prix in historic Gastown, Vancouver.
TRT is Western Canada’s longest running racing team and has been going 21 seasons strong. There is a special historic connection between TRT and BC Superweek and its prestigious events. Many winners of BC Superweek races in the past have been from TRT.
For 2015, the talented TRT team is looking to continue their successful season with some podium performances during BC Superweek.
On the Women’s side, the team includes: Olympian Denise Ramsden; stalwart and co-captain Leah Guloien; national junior champion Gillian Ellsay; and Sara Bergen who has been on a winning tear this season.
On the en’s side, TRT is led by veteran and former Canadian Cyclocross champion & pro Craig Richey; and Cyclocross National U23 champion Michael van den Ham. Unfortunately, Nick Hamilton and Dylan Davies will be supporting from the sidelines due to recent injuries.
“BC Superweek is the pinnacle of our season,” said Team Director Steve Engh. “Our team ramps up to go head-to-head with some of the top cycling talent in North America. It’s great to have such high caliber races on our West Coast home turf. We are so grateful to such sponsors such as Allstream and Global Relay for making it happen.”
Trek Red Truck Racing Team Roster
– Craig Richey (Smithers, BC)
– Jay Lamoureux (Victoria, BC)
– Michael van den Ham (Edmonton, AB)
– Geordie Morrison (Victoria, BC)
– Joel Taylor (Victoria, BC)
– Trevor Stothard (Victoria, BC)
– Willem Boersma (Portage la Prairie, MB)
– Denise Ramsden (Vancouver, BC)
– Sarah Coney (Ottawa, ON)
– Sara Bergen (Vancouver, BC)
– Kinley Gibson (Edmonton, AB)
– Suzanne Hamilton (Calgary, AB)
– Leah Guloien (Port Moody, BC)
– Gillian Ellsay (Courtenay, BC)