November 23, 2016 – Trek Red Truck Racing Team is pleased to announce their 2017 roster. Their high performance program is focused on developing young cyclists on and off the bike. Last season, TRT saw much success as a team and as individual riders.
– Sara Bergen selected to team Canada for the women’s road race at the 2016 UCI Road World Championships.
– Kinley Gibson winner at National crit Championships
– Sara Bergen winner in road and crit Provincial Championships
– Dylan Davies winner at Provincial Track Championships
– Dylan Davies podiums at National Track Championships
– Over $3000 disbursed as scholarships to team riders pursuing post-secondary education.
Much of the stellar 2016 team has moved on including:
– Sara Bergen turns pro and joins Rally Cycling, joining TRT Alumni Allison Beveridge.
– Gillian Ellsay turns pro and joins Colavita/Bianchi
– 2012 Olympian and 2015 Gastown GP champion Denise Ramsden focuses on Law School at University of Toronto
– Leah Guloien shifts to a women’s TRT Road Manager role where she will continue to influence the team with her vast knowledge and experience.
– Kinley Gibson heads into the Canadian track program with 2020 Olympics as a goal
– Dylan Davies signs with semi pro team for 2017 season
– Michael van den Ham heads up the Garneau Easton pro Cycle Cross Team
As some move on, there is a fantastic mix of young talent stepping into both the men’s and women’s team. New to the team are:
– Erin Atwell who competed for Canada at the UCI 2016 junior world road and track championships.
– Holly Simonson who took 6th place at the Junior women’s national road race, and the B.C. Omnium title in track cycling.
– Robert Gutgesell who wore the white jersey on day one at Redlands Bicycle Classic 2016
They join the impressive roster of returning team members including:
– Craig Richey – Former National CX champion and Provincial Mountain Bike Champion who is a threat not matter what type of bike or race.
– Kyle Buckosky – Third Place in 2016 Provincial TT and Team Canada select.
– And up comers Anna Talman, Gabbly Traxler, Ty Andrews and Brendan Armstrong.
2017 Trek Red Truck p/b Mosaic Homes Team Roster
Evan Mundy, Vancouver (Road Manager)
Craig Richey, Vancouver (Mentor)
Kyle Buckosky, Vancouver
Ty Andrews, Victoria
Brendan Armstrong, Squamish
New to the squad:
Clarke Lind, Vancouver (mentor)
Robert Gutgesell, Toronto
Alex Murison, Vancouver
Kurt Penno, Victoria
Leah Guloien, Vancouver (Road Manager)
Anna Talman, Vancouver
Gabby Traxler, Calgary
New to the team:
Anika Todd, Victoria (Mentor)
Holly Simonson, Victoria
Michelle Schaeffer, Vancouver
Erin Atwell, Victoria
“We wish the folks that have moved on from last years squad every bit of success. And we’re really looking forward to welcoming all the new and returning faces to the 2017 team. It’s going to be another successful season for the team and TRT riders – on and off the bike. ” says Team Director Steve Engh.
About Trek Red Truck Racing
One of Canada’s longest running teams, now entering its’ 23rd season, Trek Red Truck Team is committed to developing young cyclists to reach their fullest potential both on and off the bike. Through sponsors and a network of friends, TRT provides an environment of support, including scholarship opportunities, for young athletes so they can compete at the highest level and still maintain their educational pursuits.