Jan. 6, 2006 – Online registration for the Transalp Challenge begins at noon on January 10th, 2006 at www.transalpchallenge.com
The 9th consecutive BIKE Transalp Challenge, the toughest and best known MTB long-distance race in the world, will be held July 15-22, 2006.
Many of the best cyclists, those seeking adventure and many more very courageous cyclists will come to challenge the Alps on an easterly route in categories for men, women, masters and mixed team attempting to eventually finish this race! At 700 kilometres and 22,000 meters of altitude this race is considered a real challenge.
WhatÂ´s new at the Transalp Challenge?
– Prize money has been raised up to 30,000 Euro, daily awards will keep the tension high on all stages.
– Male or female riders among Top 10 or Top 5 in UCI World Rankings for XC have starting guarantees in the race.
– All finishers receive the official BIKE Transalp Challenge-Finisher-jersey.
– FÃ¼ssen in Bavaria/Germany will host the start for the first time ever. Limone sul Garda located on and above the shores of Lake Garda will be proud host of the final stage.
– Registration process has been modified. The 350 fastest teams on the internet, followed by those with more than one appearance in previous Transalps and finally those being lucky in a draw, will get the unique oppurtunity to compete in 2006.
“FÃ¼ssen and Limone are just beautiful sites and partners. Passing the world famous kings castles of Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau at the start and crossing the finish directly on the beach of Lake Garda in Limone, will belong to most memorable impacts of ones mtb-life”, delights Uli Stanciu, race director and “father” of the BIKE Transalp.
The route will be completed by the stages hosts of Imst (Tyrol), Ischgl (Tyrol), Scuol (Engadine), Livigno (Lombardia), Naturns (Alta Badia), Val di Sole/MalÃ¨ (Trentino) and Madonna di Campiglio (Trentino).
The official web page will be relaunched soon. Find all information concerning online registration and the race itself on Tuesday, January 10, 2006 visit – www.transalpchallenge.com