September 1, 2007 (Acarigua, Venezuela) – For one of the longest stages of the Tour of Venezuela, not a lot happened – which in a race filled with heat and potholes, is a good thing. Once again, Symmetrics Fuelled by FarmPure had to deal with terrible roads and incredibly high temperatures.
Jeff Sherstibitoff crashed with 5km to go but is fine, however he did lose some time. Svein Tuft also crashed, and is also ok, but did not lose time as it was under 3km to go. Jake Erker had a strong ride finishing fifth.
Most importantly, the team is feeling its legs come alive and plans to be very aggressive in the second half of the tour..
1. Emiliano Donadello (Ita) Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni – Selle Italia 5.10.52
2. Julio Herrera (Ven) Indeportes Paez Guasdualito Apure
3. Arturo Corvalan (Chi) Fecez Eje. GobernaciÃ³n Barinas
4. Jonathan Hernandez (Ven) PDVSA Gas Anzoategui
5. Jacob Erker (Can) Symmetrics Cycling Team
6. Ivan Fanelli (Ita) Cinelli Endeka OPD
7. Juan Murillo (Ven) Loteria Del Tachira-Banfoandes
8. Cesar Suarez (Ven) AlcaldÃa Bolivariana PÃ¡ez
9. Adriel Jimenez (Cub) Cuba
10. JosÃ© Velasquez (Ven) Selection Carabobo
GC after Stage 6
1. Juan Dotti (Arg) Ciao Cinnelli San Marino 20.41.06
2. Freddy Vargas (Ven) LoterÃa del TÃ¡chira 0.11
3. Andris HernÃ¡ndez (Ven) GobernaciÃ³n de Carabobo 0.28
4. Franklin ChacÃ³n (Ven) GobernaciÃ³n de Carabobo 0.29
5. Richard Ochoa (Ven) GobernaciÃ³n de Carabobo 0.30
6. JosÃ© ChacÃ³n (Ven) LoterÃa del TÃ¡chira 0.34
7. HernÃ¡n MuÃ±oz (Col) GobernaciÃ³n del Zulia 0.38
8. CÃ©sar Salazar (Ven) LoterÃa del TÃ¡chira 0.40
9. TomÃ¡s Gil (Ven) GobernaciÃ³n del Zulia 0.43
10. JosÃ© Serpa (Col) Diquiogiovanni Selle Italia 0.44