September 24, 2012 – The Tour de King is back for 2012 on September 30 and pre-registration closes Tuesday, September 25! Registration is available at Cold Creek Conservation on Saturday, September 29. The Tour de King is early autumn’s answer to the Paris to Ancaster. Spectacular ride and amazing bbq – don’t miss this last hurrah – click HERE to pre-register.
With a mix of trail, paved and gravel roads, this is one ride that truly has a little bit of everything. Designed for mountain and cyclocross bikes, this course features great off road sections along the ORTA trail as well as the flowing, IMBA designed trails at Centennial. Upon arrival at Seneca, riders are treated to an amazing BBQ and live music. We’ll even give you a bus ride back to your car at Cold Creek!
Can’t ride but still want to be a part of the event? We’re looking at volunteers for Tour de King, email Matt at email@example.com .
Options on retrieving your car from the start
- Bring a friend or family along to drive and meet you at Seneca College (plenty of parking), extra BBQ can be purchased on site.
- Leave your bicycle in storage at the finish and take the bus back to the start to retrieve your automobile (or send 1 friend back to get the bike).
- Ride the 22 km back to the start on your bike.
10 am – 4 pm Event Kit Pick-Up/Late Registration at Cold Creek Conservation Area – late registration is $70 and only available at Cold Creek this day.
Sunday, September 30
- 7:30 am – 10:30 am Event Kit Pick-Up Only No Day of Registration – pick up at Cold Creek Conservation Area.
- 10:00 am 50 km First Wave Event Start: Cold Creek to Seneca College
- 10:05 am 50 km Second Wave Event Start: Cold Creek to Seneca College*
- 10:30 am 35 km Event Start: Cold Creek to Seneca College – note updated time.
- 12-2 pm Live Band, Fantastic BBQ, at Seneca College
- 1:00 pm Free Kid’s Race for those 10&under
- 1:30 pm Awards
*First Wave in the 50 km is for UCI/OCA Race License/Citizen Permit/Experienced riders for the first wave (limit approximately 400). Second wave is for non-licensed riders or people intending to ride recreationally (limit approximately 500).