June 10, 2013 (St-Georges, QC) – The 2013 Tour de Beauce starts June 11, and throughout the week over 125 cyclists from 18 cycling teams will travel a total distance of 734km over six days of racing in the majestic regions of Chaudière-Appalaches and Québec.
Of the 125 starting riders, 39 are Canadians including four cyclists from the UCI WorldTour: Guillaume Boivin (Cannondale), Hugo Houle (AG2R La Mondiale), Dominique Rollin (FDJ) and Christian Meier (Orica-GreenEDGE). The reigning Canadian champion, Ryan Roth (Champion System Pro Cycling), will also be among the starters.
The cycling teams participating in the 2013 Tour de Beauce are lodged at various hotels in St-Georges, including at Le Georgesville, the race headquarters and everyone involved in the race had the chance to mingle during a cocktail reception and dinner on Monday to kick start the festivities of this prestigious race. The first stage is 165.3 kilometers with both the start and finish in Lac Etchemin.
Start List HERE.
2013 Tour de Beauce Stages
– Hydro-Québec Stage 1 — Tuesday June 11: Lac-Etchemin/Lac-Etchemin (165 km)
– Rocky Mountain Stage 2 — Wednesday June 12: Thetford-Mines /Thetford-Mines (152 km)
– Le Georgesville Stage 3 — Thursday June 13: St-Georges /Mont-Mégantic (164 km)
– Desjardins Stage 4 — Friday June 14: St-Benoît-Labre (20 km) [Individual Time Trial]
– Ville de Québec Stage 5 — Saturday June 15: Ville de Québec (126 km) [Urban circuit]
– Ville de St-Georges Stage 6 — Sunday June 16: Ville de St-Georges (107 km) [Urban Circuit]