March 28, 2006 – Interested in doing work on trails? Want to share your trail building skills with other trail users? Have ideas for trail improvements and enhancements? The City of Toronto, Parks Forestry and Recreation, is hosting a Trail Crew Leader Training workshop on April 8 & 9 to train leaders for volunteer trail work sessions in Toronto’s trail network with Parks, Forestry and Recreation this summer and fall (and beyond!).
The training workshop is open to everyone and will cover classroom
and field instruction on:
– Basics of sustainable trail construction
– Site assessment and project selection
– Crew leader responsibilities
– Tools and safety
– Managing and motivating a volunteer crew
– Recruiting and keeping volunteers
– Hands on trail work
City of Toronto will provide:
– Professional development and workspace
– All tools and supplies required.
– Lunch, snacks, and water
– Opportunity to meet other trail users
Please bring your own:
– Sturdy footwear
– Appropriate gear for outdoor work (rain gear, sunscreen, etc)
– Extra snacks and water
– Positive energy and ideas
This course is free and open to the public!
Contact Trisha Kaplan-Freed to register at 416-338-5053 or email@example.com