October 24, 2011 – The Toronto 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games seeks a Manager, Community Outreach, which is a full time position beginning January 4, 2012. The main function of position is to build and support partnerships between TO2015 and Ontario’s diverse communities,
Application Deadline: November 2, 2011
Starting Date: January 4, 2012
Position: Manager, Community Outreach
The focus for the Manager, Community Outreach position is to build and support partnerships between TO2015 and Ontario’s diverse communities, by planning and delivering exciting and relevant programming that connects the greatest number of people to the Toronto 2015 Pan/Para Pan American Games. Reflecting on the Games cultural heritage and focus on youth, the incumbent will work closely with leaders and organizations representing diverse cultures and geographies, with a particular focus on creative positive relationships with stakeholders and inviting everyone to “come play with us”.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Develop stakeholder relationships that build awareness and support for the Games and related opportunities.
• Contribute to the strategic planning process of all community outreach initiatives.
• Develop, manage and implement numerous projects (events, programs, info sessions, etc.) targeted to multiple stakeholders.
• Assess the effectiveness of programs in connecting with stakeholders, including creating positive engagement with the Games, increased interest in community and sport while advancing regional networks.
• Grow and track all outreach programming, and activate communities, groups and individuals to take advantage of the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take part in the Games.
• Work collaboratively with volunteers and community members to execute on community based programming initiatives.
• Manage a large number of diverse stakeholder groups and manage various issues and changing expectations.
• Take a proactive approach to relationship building and act as a liaison between stakeholders and the departments and functions within TO2015.
• Provide insight to all stakeholders and internal departments to ensure that the Games achieve legacy value.
Type of Position:
Full Time – Employee
Toronto 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games