September 08, 2015 (Ajax, ON) – The 11 Inc. and Jays Care Foundation have partnered to create the ultimate Gran Fondo weekend experience! We invite you to join us in supporting our shared mission in sports philanthropy and helping kids in need.
The Ultimate Gran Fondo Weekend – $1,000 – Limited to 40 Spots
Start your weekend with a Friday night baseball game in style in a Rogers Centre luxury Suite to watch the Blue Jays v. Tampa Bay at 7:07PM with some surprise special guests. Also includes Gran Fondo registration and both Home and Away Jerseys!
The Gran Fondo – $250 – Limited to 100 Riders ($450 includes both the Home and Away Jerseys)
By definition incorporates all the best aspects of cycling into one special event. There’s a great spread of food before the ride, a sleek custom Pearl Izumi jersey creatively designed to commemorate the day (in your choice of home or away colours), then you hop on your bike with great people for a scenic ride, enjoy more great seasonal food afterwards while watching the last ball game of the regular season and the World Championship Road Race, win cool auction prizes, all for a great cause and still get home in time for dinner!
The two route options are:
(1) Medio Fondo Route: 85km long, with a leisurely 20-25 km/h average speed observed. The new route hugs Lake Ontario on mostly quiet country backroads, with some gently rolling terrain. To spice things up, there are a few little stinger climbs- channel your inner hard-man spirit! We have a lead motorcycle (so you don’t have to worry about directions), a mechanical support vehicle following closely behind, and a rest stop with food and drinks en route.
(2) Gran Fondo Route: 120km long, with a steady 35km/h average speed. Stragglers will not be abandoned, though. There is a lead motorcycle (so you don’t have to worry about directions), a mechanical support vehicle following closely behind, and rest stops with food and drinks en route.
This year’s attractions:
• BMW lead motorcycles, and SAG wagons with mechanical support closely at hand.
• Rest stops en route with food and drinks to recharge your energy.
• Two meals with lots of yummy food, including wine and beer.
• More surprises to come!
Date: Sunday September 27, 2015
Location: Endras BMW dealership, 100 Achilles Rd, Ajax
Schedule: 7:30-8:30 Sign-in & Breakfast; 8:45 Depart; 12:30 Lunch; 1:00 Auction and Prize