Ellen Watters wins Sommerville © courtesy of The Cyclery Racing
November 16, 2016 (Ottawa, Ontario) – The Cyclery Racing is proud to announce its 2017 roster, composed of the nation’s top upcoming talent. The ten-lady roster is building on a massively successful 2016 season. The team emerged as the dominant women’s development program in Canada, with a sweep of the National Road and Time Trial championships, two riders attending the Olympic Games, a UCI stage race GC win and two riders graduating to professional UCI Teams.
Team after the nationals RR © courtesy of The Cyclery Racing
Supported by title sponsor The Cyclery
, Ottawa’s premier bike and ski shop, The Cyclery Racing’s longstanding goal is to provide a pathway for Canadian talent to graduate to the professional ranks. For 2017 two riders turn professional with the National Road Champion Annie Foreman-Mackey joining the UCI World Tour team Twenty-16, and Tour of Somerville winner Ellen Watters, joining the long running Colavita UCI squad.
Kinley wins Elite Women's Crit © Ivan Rupes
Veteran rider Justine Clift
(Vancouver, BC) will lead the young team whose average age is under 24, supported by Olympic medalist and three time World Champion Tara Whitten
(Calgary, AB) who will remain involved with the team in a mentorship role. The team is truly pan-Canadian with riders hailing from five different provinces.
- Reigning National Criterium Champion Kinley Gibson (Edmonton, AB) will fly the National Champion jersey in major criteriums across the continent
- Former Rally Pro Cycling member Catherine Oullette (Montreal, QC) brings an extra dose of speed to the squad with a year of experience on one of the top pro teams in North America
- Calgarian Suzanne Hamilton joins the team from the long running Trek Red Truck program
- Twenty year old Marina Aspen (Saskatoon, SK) comes to the team from out west bringing a versatile skillset
- Cycling Canada NextGen rider Sara Giovenetti (Mississauga, ON) emerged last season to win the Ontario Cup Road Race Series overall.
Ariane Bonhomme and Emily Flynn go 1-2 at Preston St. © courtesy of The Cyclery Racing
Returning riders Emily Flynn
(Winchester, ON), Amelie Bruneau
(Montreal, QC) and double U23 National Champion Ariane Bonhomme
(Gatineau, QC) will look to build on the phenomenal momentum of 2016.
The team will travel across North American competing in a mix of UCI and National Racing Calendar events with heavy focus on the Canadian National Championships on our home turf in Ottawa and the Canada Games in Winnipeg.
The Cycling Racing will be making exciting sponsor announcements in the near future. Join us and get social @CycleryRacing on Twitter and Instagram.
– Emily Flynn, Ottawa ON
– Amelie Bruneau, Montreal QC
– Ariane Bonhomme (U23), Gatineau QC
– Justine Clift, Vancouver BC
– Tara Whitten, Calgary AB
– Kinley Gibson (U23), Edmonton AB
– Catherine Oullette (U23), Montreal QC
– Suzanne Hamilton, Calgary AB
– Marina Aspen (U23), Saskatoon SK
– Sara Giovonetti, Mississauga ON