August 10, 2007 (Panorama Mountain Village, BC) — As the clock ticks down to the start of the 6th annual TransRockies Challenge, Team Pedal-Kona is in the final pre-race preparations for this epic, 7-day, 600km adventure through the Kootenay Rockies, with a total of 12,000 metres of elevation.
Team Pedal-Kona consists of Paul Newitt and Dean Irvine two local veteran Vancouver riders, who have paid their TR dues. Newitt is one of only four riders to have completed all five TR events and is poised to be one of only three participants to complete all six TRs. While Irvine is a local legend in his own right who is renowned for his enthusiasm, and this will be his fourth consecutive TR event.
With 300 teams on the start line this Sunday, and a reverse north to south route for 2007, riders will begin in Panorama Mountain Village and finish in Fernie, the traditional start of the TR.
Team Pedal-Kona will be there every click of the way providing daily updates at the end of each stage to bring you the inside scoop from this epic adventure race at www.pedalmag.com.
Many thanks to our sponsors Kona, Specialized Canada, Pearl Izumi, Garmin, Camelbak, Auclair, Rudy Project, Schwalbe, Gu, Flash 5 and many other supporters who help to make this happen.
Stay tuned for more info shortly.
2007 TransRockies Stages
– Stage 1 – August 12, 2007 — Panorama Mountain Village, BC to Invermere, BC
– Stage 2 – August 13, 2007 — Invermere, BC to Nipika Resort, BC
– Stage 3 – August 14, 2007 — Nipika Resort, BC to Whiteswan Lake, BC
– Stage 4 – August 15, 2007 — Whiteswan Lake, BC to Elkford, BC
– Stage 5 – August 16, 2007 — Elkford, BC to Crowsnest Pass, AB
– Stage 6 – August 17, 2007 — Crowsnest Pass, AB to Sparwood, BC
– Stage 7 – August 18, 2007 — Sparwood, BC to Fernie, BC