August 15, 2013 – Cycling Canada announced it has added riders to the Canadian cross-country team that will compete at the 2013 UCI Mountain Bike World Championships in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa.
“Cycling Canada has expanded its capacity at the World Championships and we’re pleased to use this opportunity to build the best team possible for the World Championships. We have a lot of depth in our program and these additions will help to insure that Canada’s development program is a World leader” said National Team Head Coach, Dan Proulx.
“In the first two years of this Olympic quadrennial leading into the 2016 Rio Olympic Games, it is important to continue to identify and develop our talent pool so as to continue being one of the top mountain bike cycling nations in the world. The additional athletes to our worlds team roster is aligned with the philosophy of exposing our development athletes to top international competition like the World Championships,” said Jacques Landry, High Performance Director & Head Coach of Cycling Canada.
Team Additions – Canada – UCI Mountain Bike World Championships
– Cameron Jette (Toronto, ON) SCOTT-3 Rox Racing
– Mikaëla Kofman (Toronto, ON) SCOTT-3 Rox Racing
– Andréanne Pichette (Québec, QC) Opus-OCG
Espoirs (U23) Men
– Léandre Bouchard (Alma, QC) Cyclone d’Alma
– Evan Guthrie (Peachland, BC) Norco Factory Team
– Jérémy Martin (Boischatel, QC) Rocky Mountain Bicycles Factory Team
Espoirs (U23) Women
– Laura Bietola (Greenwood, ON) RealDeal Gears/Fieldgate
Junior (U19) Men
– Marc-André Fortier (Victoriaville, QC) National Team
Junior (U19) Women
– Gabrielle April (Québec, QC) National Team