January 26, 2016 (Vancouver, BC) – Who are TaG Cycling? Lesley Tomlinson, Gina Grain and Chrissy de Vall are cycling Olympians who joined forces to create TaG Cycling in 2010. In the past six years TaG has built a group of accomplished riders from the sport and developed an enviable team of coaches featuring international, national and provincial racers leading our new enthusiasts riding with TaG. TaG Coaches here.
The Mission is to recruit, develop and mentor youth talents in cycling through a specifically targeted program with the goal to be continuation in the sport at an elite level.
In 3 short years the TaG Race Team have become a forceful riding group who have learned Team Work and Discipline, and have also achieved an impressive set of results. Our Junior Boys Team won the National Team Pursuit in 2014. After this, they continued with a very successful 2015, winning the BC Premer Series, Provincial Crit Championships,a win at Tour de Delta and Enumclaw
This coming year, TaG has grown with new recruits and the focus is on building a 4-year plan.
The 2016 team welcomes the addition of an impressive team of cadets and juniors. This new young team are being mentored by the experienced team of coaching talent at TaG led by Ben Chaddock and Matt Barth.
TaG Cycling provides coaching direction, indoor training facility and support throughout the season at Race events. The goals of the team are aligned with those of the provincial and national team programs for progression to National and World Championships.
TaG also provides the Junior and Espoir riders work opportunities with the company in the studios and at camps and clinics. This enables them to earn and support their racing whilst learning valuable work and social skills.
TaG Cycling 2016 Race Team
Junior Women U19
Maggie Coles Lister (Maple Ridge)
– 2015: National Champion in Individual Pursuit, omnium, sprint tournament,
– Silver at Junior National Criterium Championships,Bronze at Junior Cyclocross Nationals
Claire Armstrong (Vancouver)
– 3rd in the 2015 Medio GranFondo
– 1st Women’s junior B JV double at BC Championships (Rowing)
Stephanie denRoche (Whistler)
– U17 National Downhill MTB Champion,Western Canada Summer Games Team 2015
Sophie Vogel Nakamura (Vancouver)
– 1st place overall RBC Medio Fondo,Provincial Team Biathlete
Julia Long (Whistler)
– Provincial overall champion XC MTB (U17),3rd Canada cup BC High school Mtn bike champion Grade 9
Cadet Men U17
Conor Martin (Kelowna)
– 3rd and 5th in Elite Men’s Cyclocross – Whistler, BC 2015
– Canadian National Champion 2013 and 2014,BC Provincial Champ 2013 and 2014
– 2015 10th at BC Provincial Championships in Elite Men’s (Special permission to race up)
Ben Katerberg (Comox), Isaac van der Vliet (Comox)
Evan Russel (Vancouver)
– 2015 highlight being his 2nd place finish (youth) in the Whistler Gran Fondo, with a time of 3:48.
– Evan competed in 8 cross races this season, with five podium finishes
Tyler Davies (New Westminster)
Skyler Beauregard (Whistler)
Junior Men U19
John Wilcox (Victoria)
– 8th at UCI junior world championships team pursuit,15th at UCI Junior World Championships in the kilo
Cam Fitzmaurice (Vancouver)
– 2014 National U17 Omnium Champion,2015 5th Place National Crit Champs,Tour L’Abitibe Team BC
Mark Grant (Victoria)
– 6 Provincial titles and 7 additional Provincial podiums over last 5 years.
– 2015 Ninove Criterium – 7th (U17 Men) Ninove, Belgium, 2015 Tour de la Releve – 20th GC – (U17 men) Rimouski, Quebec
Matan Guttman (Vancouver)
– 5th at Junior Provincial Road Champs
James Grant (Victoria)
– 2015 Canadian Junior TT Championships – 16th place, Thetford Mines, QC
– 5 Provincial titles and 4 additional Provincial podiums over last 5 years.
Espoir Men U23
– Silver in National Omnium Championships 2014
– 18th in 2015 RBC Whistler Giro
– 2014 National Champion Team Pursuit,2015 Junior Provincial Criterium Champ
Emile Vogel Nakamura
– 2014 Junior Provincial Road Champion,2014 National Champions Team Pursuit
About TaG Cycling
TaG provides opportunities to share knowledge and experiences in the disciplines of road, mountain bike and track cycling with cycling enthusiasts of all ages and abilities.
Collectively our accomplishments include:
– Competing in 4 Olympic Games between 1996 and 2008/Commonwealth Games and Pan American Championship Medals accumulated from 1994 to 2006/ Chrissy has been a World Champion in XC Mountain Bike Relay. The partners have 14 Canadian Championship Titles in Road, MTB,Cyclo Cross and Track Cycling. For more info on TaG Cycling click here.