In spite of a slow start because of a server overload affecting the registration system, the 2012 CykelVasan 90km race is now full with 9,000 registered entries, and this is a new participant record. Vasaloppet’s CEO Jonas Bauer has this to say about the enormous interest in CykelVasan:
“We knew that over three years we had created an interest around cycling, but we had no inkling that it was so great. Really incredible and a marvellous return on our investment! None of our winter races have ever had such a registration pace, so we’re learning by experience all the time. We now hope that this biking interest will also be visible in the 30 and 45km events as well; but there we know that we have many participants who make their decision somewhat later – there is after all nearly a year before the start….”
CykelVasan had its premiere race for just a little more than 25 months ago. The registration ceiling for the 90km CykelVasan had been raised from 6,000 to 9,000 participants for 2012, but now this event is fully booked.
Entries for the 30 & 45 km events now on vasaloppet.se
Registration to the two shorter events can now be made on vasaloppet.se as the entry flow is not so great for these races as for the 90 km event.
And for all the 2012 Vasaloppet Winter Week races – which already have all of 38,000 registered entries – it is now possible again to register entries on vasaloppet.se.
As previously informed, Vasaloppet is now dealing manually with CykelVasan registrations; this means that an entry is registered first when the entry fee has been received and matched together with the registration. Only after that will a confirmation mail be sent out to registered participants. Hopefully this will be possible during the coming week.
Vasaloppet’s Winter Week 2012
– Friday 24 Feb: KortVasan, 30 km. Start Oxberg.
– Saturday 25 Feb: TjejVasan, 30 km Start Oxberg.
– Sunday 26 Feb: UngdomsVasan, 3/5/7/9 km. Start Hemus.
– Sunday 26 Feb: Öppet Spår, 90 km. Start Sälen.
– Monday 27 Feb: Öppet Spår, 90 km. Start Sälen.
– Tuesday 28 Feb: HalvVasan, 45 km. Start Oxberg.
– Friday 2 Mar: SkejtVasan, 30/45 km. Start Oxberg.
– Friday 2 Mar: StafettVasan, 9 km – 24 km. Start Sälen.
– Sunday 4 Mar: Vasaloppet, 90 km (FULL). Start Sälen.
Vasaloppet’s Summer Week 2012
– Friday 10 August: CykelVasan 30/45 km. Start Oxberg.
– Saturday 11 August: CykelVasan 90 km (FULL). Start Sälen.
– Saturday 18 August: VasaStafetten 4.4-15 km relay running race for teams of 10. Start Sälen.
– Sunday 19 August: StavgångsVasan 3/9/19 km. Starts Hemus, Eldris, Hökberg.