November 23, 2014 (Toronto, ON) – For Nordic ski lovers the world over, we’re pleased to announce that over 150 team entries have entered our 7th annual SkiTrax FIS Fantasy World Cup 2014/15 International Contest. Featuring over $4,000 in prizes up for grabs, this is the first of four FIS Fantasy Contests this season. Up next is the FIS Marathon Cup contest, followed by the popular Tour de Ski contest, and finally fans can enjoy our Falun 2015 contest.
Register your team of four (4) men, and four (4) women including two (2) Outlaw Skiers – one (1) male and one (1) female not in the top 15 of the FIS World Cup overall rankings.
Points will be awarded following each World Cup based on each skier’s performance and published regularly at skitrax.com so you can see how your score compares to other international players and the actual FIS standings. Earn bonus TdS or Falun 2015 points, and other bonus points – all information, skier menus and contest rules are available when you register your team.
These are the only FIS Fantasy Nordic contests of their kind worldwide so don’t miss your chance to enjoy fabulous top level xc ski racing and the chance to win fabulous prizes.
The deadline to register or revise your team is Thursday, Nov. 28, at 10pm EST, the day before the XC FIS World Cup season kicks off in Kuusamo, Finland – good luck to all contestants.
Thanks to all of our great sponsors, including Fischer, Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Rudy Project, High Peaks Cyclery, Bjorn Daehlie, Yoko, One Way, Concept2, and Buff.
To register click HERE.
SkiTrax Fantasy FIS World Cup 2014/15 Contest Prizes
* 1st Prize – Fischer Carbonlite Package Skis, Boots, Poles and Xcelerator Bindings (value $1,550)
* 2nd Prize – Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise – 2-night luxury package w/breakfast & Spa (value $850)
* 3rd Prize – Rudy Project Sunglasses For Sport Agon + For Life Spinhawk (value $450)
* 4th Prize – High Peaks Cyclery Backcountry Day Trip for 2 people incl. Pro guides, equipment (value $400)
* 5th Prize – Bjorn Daehlie XC Ski Suit (value $300)
* 6th Prize – Yoko 9100 Poles (value $299)
* 7th Prize – One Way Cata Pro Jacket (value $260)
* 8th Prize – Concept2 Goodie Duffle Bag (value $130)
* 9th Prize – TBA
* 10th Prize – Buff Merino Wool China Blue Dye (value $42)
* WCup Breaks – SkiTrax 1-yr Subscription
SkiTrax is North America’s leading Nordic skiing publication and the official magazine of the United States Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) and Cross Country Canada (CCC).