May 24, 2017 (Oro Station, ON) – A reminder that the pre-registration deadline for the SingleTrack Classic is Friday, May 26 at 5:00 pm. Free souvenir T-shirt for first 300 riders. Day of entry may be available, but at significant $$ penalty and cash only accepted (see entry link for details)
The SingleTrack Classic will take place Saturday May 27 at Hardwood Ski and Bike, along with the Hardwood BikeFest, and connects a `secret` 22 kms of Ontario`s favorite dedicated mountain bike trails. Ride or Race, one or two loops for the perfect start to your season. There are even SingleSpeed, FatBike and RetroRide specific categories. There is also a non-competitive Poker Ride for those not so keen on the longer distances.
Easy Online registration here.
Options for Categories and Courses:
1. 22 km – 1 loop
– Girls 18 & under, Women 19-39, Women 40+
– Boys 14 & under, Boys 15-18, Men 19-39, Men 40-49, Men 50-59, Men 60+
– FATBIKE Open*
2. 44 km – 2 loops
– Girls 15-18, Women 19-39, Women 40+
– Boys 15-18, Men 19-39, Men 40-49, Men 50-59, Men 60+
– FATBIKE Open*, SingleSpeed Open*, RetroRide Open*
3. Poker Ride (choose your distance 2.5, 5, or 7 km)
– Open Boys/Men and Girls/Women
Friday May 26
5 pm – 22/44 km Pre-Registration closes
Saturday May 27
8:00 am – Package Pick-up
8:00 am – Pancake Breakfast by AV Youth ($5.00 donation)
10:00 am – 44 km Start Time
10:15 am – 22 km Start Time
10:30 am – Poker Ride Start
12:00 pm – 44 km 2nd lap cut-off, (to start lap 2)
12:45 pm – 22 km Awards
1:00 pm – Poker Ride cut-off & Prizes for best hands
2:00 pm – 44 km Awards
Included in Registration:
* Awesome race course on some of Ontario’s best trails.
* Professional Timing crew for real time results
* Cool souvenir T-Shirt for first 300 44/22 km riders entered
* Souvenir Bike Plate for all riders
* Draw Prizes for all pre-registered riders
* Medals to top 3 in each category
* Awesome Poker Ride prizes for 3 best hands
* Prize for most Retro bike/rider that completes 44km
* Poker Ride will have an “official” send off at 10:30, but riders can start any time after 10:30 and ride at their own pace around the Poker Ride Courses.
* Riders can choose their own level of course from 2.5 km to 7 kms. This is a great fun ride for those not keen on racing and for the whole family!
* There will be 4 Card Stations, at which each rider gets a small envelope with a card hidden inside (DO NOT OPEN !). Once back to the Finish area, you will get your final card and envelopes will be opened by Poker Ride officials to reveal your “hand”. Prizes for 3 best hands will be awarded at 1:00 pm. Best Hand can win a $250 Bike Shop GiftCard!
* FATBIKE Category is for Fatbikes with minimum 3.8? tires front and back.
* SingleSpeed Category is for single chainring/cog bikes only.
* RetroRide Category is for a 1996 or earlier vintage mountain bike. Rider clothing should match as well. (must be 26? wheel, no disc brake)
*There will be one feed station on course and one feed station at finish
*Each lap for 44 km riders will be timed for bragging rights.
Hardwood Ski and Bike
402 Old Barrie West, Oro Station
just 15 minutes North of Barrie, Ontario
See full event details here.