2017 GP SAINT-RAYMOND FACT-SHEET
Dates: May 13-14, 2017. Saint-Raymond, Quebec
Class: Provincial Selection Event for Canada Games
Total Distance: 173.3km
2017 Winner (Route – 108.5km): Nick Zukowsky
2017 Winner (Contre-le-Montre – 14.8km): Adam Roberge
2017 Winner (Criterium – 50km): Pier-Andre Cote
Official Website & Results: www.FQSC.net
More about the 2017 Canada Games: www.2017CanadaGames.ca
FQSC: Fédération Québécoise Des Sports Cycliste www.FQSC.net
Four (4) Silber Take-aways from GP Saint-Raymond
1. Zukowsky’s first win – Nick still only 18 years old in his first year as a U23. His win in Saturday’s road race was his first win as an elite (U23) and confirms he’s a talented rider to watch.
2. Quebec Pride – Quebec has swept the cycling events at the last 5 Canada Summer Games (for 20 years, since 2001). As a Quebec-based team Silber is proud our riders will represent the province in this prestigious event. Fingers crossed, the boys help keep the ‘streak’ alive.
3. Good problems to have – the cycling events at the 2017 Canada Games take place in Winnipeg, Manitoba August 8-12th – just a few days after the Tour of Utah and during the Tour of Colorado. We’re thrilled our riders dominated this selection event and we are honoured to represent the Quebec Team. However, we may need one of the selected riders in Colorado. Additionally, we’re thinking forward to World Championships in September. We’ll work closely with FQSC head coach Pascal Choquette to make smart choices for our talented athletes – balancing athlete development, provincial pride, the team’s international race commitments and the potential to represent our Country at the World Championships. Schedule conundrum? Yes, but these are fun problems to have 🙂
4. Elite Race – Silber’s Emile Jean and Nic Masbourian raced in the elite race at Saint-Raymond. Emile finished 3rd. The race was won by Garneau-Quebecor’s Elliot Doyle.
Silber’s 2017 GP SAINT-RAYMOND ROSTER
Zukowsky, Nickolas Masborian, Nic *
Jean, Emile *
* Not eligible for Canada Games | Read More Rider Bios ?