August 08, 2017 (Peterborough, Ont.) – To represent Shimano as a product and technical master, as a front-line ambassador with our dealer base. This takes on several forms including creating and administering Dealer level training within the retail environment. Overseeing event technical support, participating in consumer marketing booths, attending trade shows and sales meetings, interacting with the media and providing event, market and product feedback to various offices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential Job Functions:
- Technical, dealer and OE focus on Shimano STEPS E-Bike platform.
- Represent Shimano to dealers at IBD/OE visits throughout Ontario and Quebec.
- Communicate current technical/marketing messages to dealers/shop staff at IBD visits.
- Learn about new Shimano technology as it comes out.
- Spread vital technical information to shop mechanics, professional teams, bike schools, manufacturers, bike shops, and internal Shimano Canada staff.
- Oversee the transportation of Tech Rep vehicles and equipment to/from IBD visits, according to set policies and regulations.
- Provide event, market and product feedback to various offices.
- Meet Tech Rep requirements and policies as outlined by supervisor.
- Event execution where necessary: work with Shimano Canada marketing deptartment, event promoters and officials, select and supervise staff, work with Shimano Canada sales departments and sales agencies to ensure brand activation, arrange necessary lodging and flights.
- Participate with Shimano Canada marketing deptartment in event selection and logistics planning
- Submit reports on each dealer visit on a weekly basis
- Set up and tear down tech rep vehicles and displays at events
- Maintain tech rep vehicles
- Manage inventories of the Tech Rep vehicles
- Maintain clean work areas
- When able, help other bike division departments with their projects
- MTO accountabilities: meet requirements associated with provincial commercial driving including log books, vehicle maintenance, and compliance with MTO regulations.
- Budget accountabilities: submit monthly expense reports. Make and work within budgets for various projects.
- Master Level knowledge of Shimano STEPS E-Bike Platform
- Master level knowledge of bicycle mechanics and ability to troubleshoot and repair bicycles
- Time management and delegation skills
- Ability to present tech seminars to individuals or large groups alike
- Ability to demonstrate mechanical techniques to dealers and other members of the bike industry
- Ability to drive long hours and work outside the office for weeks at a time
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to speak French an asset
- Ability to travel Internationally
Education and/or Experience:
- Professional bike shop or team mechanic experience
- Event Support Experience
- Cross-country large vehicle driving experience a plus
- Superior trouble shooting skills under extreme pressure.
- Ability to confidently represent Shimano during dealer visits, in a marketing booth or tech seminar situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Drivers License with clean record
If you feel you meet the requirements we have highlighted above then we would like to hear from you. Please submit your updated resume illustrating how your skills and experience match Shimano requirements. No calls accepted. Shimano Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer