Top Male Competitors:
- Neal Kindree – Defending his 2012 BCBR title as the fastest man over seven days of singletrack. Neal hails from the local town of Squamish and has been a member of the Canadian National Team.
- Matt Hadley – Team Xprezo, The overall Canada Cup winner in 2011, Matt placed 4th at BCBR in 2012 and is back to climb higher on the podium.
- Cory Wallace – Team Kona, An endurance specialist, Cory was 2nd at the 24 hours World in 2010, won a stage at BCBR in 2012 and was 2nd at the Mongolia Bike Challenge in 2011. He is poised from some imminent greatness will this be his year?
- Guido Thaler – Team Craft Rocky Mountain Bikes, A European Marathon Specialist hailing form Austria back for his second run at the Podium after last years eye opening experience and 7th place.
- Carter Hovey – Team Orbea, He nearly won the Mongolia Bike Challenge in 2012 and is on track to be one of the fastest stage race specialists. He was 6th at BCBR in 2012 and certainly hopes to move onto the podium this time around.
- Sam Whitingham – Naked Bikes, Known as the fastest man in the World Sam currently holds the World Land Speed record in the human powered division, his mountain bikes skills are exceptional and this will be his first time at the BC Bike Race.
- Joe Murray – Voodoo Cycles, A Hall of Fame inductee and Industry Legend. His 12 straight wins in 1985 have to this day never been repeated in the US – Here for the sheer pleasure of singletrack Joe is never to be counted out.
Top Women Competitors:
- Wendy Simms – Team Kona, The defending champion, Wendy has many accolades to her name including 6 Canadian National Cyclo-Cross titles, but the BCBR is near and dear to her heart as are her two sons.
- Anika Bergman – Team Craft Rocky Mountain Bikes, 2012 Swedish National Champion and former resident of Whistler where she was bitten by the singletrack bug. Together with her experience and her upward rising career this could be a great race.
Top Enduro Competitors:
- Wade Simmons – Rocky Mountain Bikes, The Godfather of Free Ride and winner of the first RedBull Rampage, Wade is back for the second time around having had so much fun last year.
- Andreas Hestler –Team Rocky Mountain Bikes, Winner of the BC Bike Race Enduro 2012, Canadian Olympian and 5 x Canadian National Champion.
- Joe Schwartz – Team Kona, one of the first Free Riders to compete at the Redbull Rampage. Joe is a certified ACMG ski guide and coaches bikes between global adventures in the summer. A truly all around rider and legend in the sport.
Registration for 2014: will open July 7th at 12:00 noon PST at www.bcbikerace.com
Find the Registered Racer List here.
We would also like to thank all our returning sponsors for their commitment and assistance with making BC Bike Race an awesome event that allows its participants to focus on what we all truly love to do – Ride our Bikes!
Harbour Air, Bc Ferries, Shimano, Adera, Rocky Mountain Bikes, Ryders Eyewear, Clif Bar, Fox Racing Shox, Nativo Concept, Maxxis, Contour, Race Face, Redbull, Kazlaw, Muc-Off, Pinkbike, Chek Tv, Bike Mag, Pedal Mag, Glacier Media
For more information: www.bcbikerace.com