April 15, 2011 (Monterey, CA) – Max Plaxton (Can) Specialized won the men’s Short Track race today at the Sea Otter Classic while Emily Batty (Can) Subaru-Trek landed on the podium in 3rd behind winner Georgia Gould (USA) Luna Pro.
The men’s race ended with Plaxton soloing while Sid Taberlay (Aus) Kenda / H2O Overdrive battled with Todd Wells (USA) Specialized for second and third on the podium
In the women’s race Katerina Nash (Cze) made it a Luna Pro 1-2 finish with Catharine Pendrel (Can), also with Luna Pro in 4th, followed by Katie Compton (USA) Rabobank-Giant in 5th.
1. Georgia Gould (USA) Luna Pro
2. Katerina Nash (Cze) Luna Pro
3. Emily Batty (Can) Subaru Trek
4. Catharine Pendrel (Can) Luna
5. Katie Compton (USA) Rabobank – Giant
10. Mical Dyck (Can) ProCity
1. Max Plaxton (Can) Specialized
2. Sid Taberlay (Aus) Kenda / H2O Overdrive
3. Todd Wells (USA) Specialized