August 23, 2007 – The International Cycling Union (UCI) has announced Safety Jogger as the new presenting sponsor of the UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup. The new agreement between the UCI and the Belgian shoe brand Safety Jogger will cover the next UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup season.
“We are very happy to have Safety Jogger on board as presenting sponsor for the upcoming UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup season. This will bring additional support to cyclo-cross, a sport with a magnificent history, and will help develop cyclo-cross outside the countries, where it has been traditionally popular” said Pat McQuaid, President of the UCI.
Safety Jogger is a brand of fashionable Safety shoes and Outdoor shoes. The brand was launched in 2001 by the Belgian company Cortina NV and sells 600,000 pairs a year.
The first leg of the 2007-2008 UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup presented by Safety Jogger, will be held in Belgium in October. The Netherlands will host the 9th and final leg of the 2007-2008 season in January.
The calendar of the 2007-2008 UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup presented by Safety Jogger is as follows:
– October 21, 2007 — Kalmthout (Belgium)
– October 27, 2007 — Tabor (Czech Republic)
– November 11, 2007 — Pijnacker (The Netherlands)
– November 24, 2007 — Koksijde (Belgium)
– December 2, 2007 — Igorre (Spain)
– December 8, 2007 — Milan (Italy)
– December 26, 2007 — Hofstade (Belgium)
– Janueary 13, 2008 — LiÃ©vin (France)
– January 20, 2008 — Hoogerheide (The Netherlands)
For more information on the 2007-2008 UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup presented by Safety Jogger, please visit www.uci.ch
For more information on Safety Jogger, please visit www.safetyjogger.com