June 01, 2013 (Victoria, BC) – Victoria’s Rob Britton (Team Raleigh) no longer owns the Rumble Time Trial. He rented it tonight to Russ Hay’s Racing Team Curtis Dearden (Victoria) who finished the 5km Dallas Road course in a blistering 6 minutes, 28 seconds. Trek Red Truck/Mosaic Homes team mates Jesse Reams (from Vancouver) and Craig Richey (Victoria) split a second in half to finish second and third respectively in 6:32. Britton, who was two-time defending champion, was fourth in 6:38.
On the women’s side, Kamloops Kristine Brynolfson, a long distance triathlete (Trek Red Truck/Mosaic Homes) showed her time trial prowess winning the women’s elite category in 7:42. Her Victoria team mate Megan Rathwell, second in the 2012 Robert W. Cameron Law Cycling Series omnium, was second in 7:45 while #1 ranked Canadian cyclocross rider Mical Dyck (Pro City Racing) from Victoria was third in 7:47.
Racing continues Saturday with the Westhills Cycling Classic / BC Road Championships in Metchosin and the Russ Hay’s/Accent Inns Bastion Square Grand Prix on Sunday. This weekend’s action is attracting record numbers with 225 riders and a full field of 150 Tim Hortons Timbit Challengers (age 3 to 10) at Bastion Square.
1. Kristine Brynolfson (Trek Red Truck/Mosaic Homes) 7:42
2. Megan Rathwell (Trek Red Truck/Mosaic Homes) 7:45
3. Mical Dyck (Pro City Racing) 7:47
1. Curtis Dearden (Russ Hay’s / Accent Inns Cycling Team) 6:28
2. Jesse Reams (Trek Red Truck/Mosaic Homes) 6:32
3. Craig Richey (Trek Red Truck/Mosaic Homes)
4. Rob Britton (Team Raleigh) 6:38