February 24, 2006 – Through the Quest for Gold program the Ontario Cycling Association is able to offer new programs to enhance coaching in Ontario. Some of the options are listed below. If you are Level 2 Certified and would like to participate in one of the programs please contact the Manager, High Performance Programs at 416.426.7401 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note programs will only be offered if there is sufficient interest. This is a preliminary application process and the programs are yet to be determined. Deadline for submissions is Wednesday March 1, 2006.
1. Coaching Bursaries
– For coaches pursuing Level 4 Certification through the National Coaching Institute (NCI). Registration fee for the 2 year program is $3,000. The NCI office is located within the CSC Ontario, contact Andy Higgins at (416) 426 Ë† 7246 for further details.
2. Mentor Coach Program
– The CSC Ontario is offering a Mentor Coach Program for PSO/MSOs teaching coaches “how to mentor other coaches”. This one-day course will be offered on Friday, March 31st, through the National Coaching Institute (NCI). Additional sessions can also be hosted within April 1 Ë† December 31, 2006.
– All costs associated with the Mentor Coach Program can be covered through the grant, including travel (registration fee is $100).
3. Apprentice Coaching Program
– The Apprentice Coaching Program provides an opportunity for a coach to attend a major national or international event as a guest coach in partnership with the PSO/MSO’s National Sport Organization.
– Events may be: MTB Nationals, Road Nationals, World Championships.
These opportunities have been made possible with support from the Ministry Health Promotion and the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Commission.