August 22, 2005 – Another Ontario Cup DH season comes to an end. Calabogie was the venue for this past weekends DH Provincials Championships and the DH Finals.
Some of the highlights were:
Glow Stick Party
People getting duct taped to lamp poles
Spicy Clamato Chug
Spicy Clamato coming right back up
The famous fast and furious Red course was pegged for the Provincials and it turned out to be in perfect condition, a little dust suppressing rain fell the day before the race and everybody was stoked to give it their all. In the women’s field it was none other than Sheila Morris, the former Team Canada member was one it blazing the field by over a minute.
1. Sheila Morris Barrie 2:51.286
2. Christina Hirota Hamilton 4:05.697
3. Candace Ellicott Ottawa DNF
Two super fast rippers battled it out, Derek Cowell (who will be representing Canada at the world Juniors this year) just barely took out Team Dropmachine.com Rider Chris Dufault. Brian Serneels of Bits and Bikes pulled off third.
1. Derek Cowell Cyclepath Brampton Brampton 2:21.242
2. Chris Dufault Team Dropmachine.comBarrie 2:21.570 3
3. Brian Serneels Bits & Bikes Kilbride 2:26.415
A battle was waged between National Team and Norco Team member Justin Brown (also going to the Worlds in Italy) and Canada Cup and Sweet Pete’s Primary ripper Peter McLean, when the Tag Heuer System read its final beeps, Justin was the winner, Peter in second and fellow Sweet Pete’s/Primary team ate Ondrej Neumann in 3rd.
1. Justin Brown Norco Factory Team Brampton 2:13.525
2. Peter McLean Sweet Pete`s Weston 2:14.942
3. Ondrej Neumann Sweet Pete`sMississauga 2:19.608
For the Ontario Cup DH finals, we moved over to the steep and nasty Orange course, littered with drops and steep rocky chutes it took its toll on many, with flats, twisted bikes, taco’d rims and derailleurs everywhere.
1. Derek Cowell Cyclepath Brampton Brampton 1:50.644
2. Chris Dufault Team Dropmachine.com Barrie 2:01.300
3. Jeffery Eades GearsRacing.com Alton 2:04.130
1. Justin Brown Norco Factory Team Brampton 1:49.945
2. Ondrej Neumann Sweet Pete`s Mississauga1:53.384
3. Peter McLean Sweet Pete`s Weston1:55.742
This season has been a great step in the right direction, thanks for all the support, suggestions and help along the way, I look forward to building an even better season for 2006.
Our last stop on the Sirbikealot Racing Calender will be Sept 10th for the 4X Provincial Championships.
Be Sure to check out www.sirbikealotracing.com for full results and future races.
It wouldn’t be possible to hold these races without the generous support of Cycle Solutions, Norco Bikes, Kenda Tires, Wrex Racing, Dangerboy, Titec, Hoots Gear, Race Technology, Kreater Custom Motorcycles, Fuel Bars, Dropmachine.com and E-13.
Sirbikealot Racing would also like to thank Allan Hawley’s timing crew, the St John’s First Aid , CSPS First Aid Gatineau Region, Lee Allen, Kris Somers and the great Staff at Calabogie