December 09, 2011 (Toronto, ON) – Still stumped on what to get your favourite cyclist this holiday season? Whether it’s a racer, commuter, roadie, or mountain biker that you’re buying for, these gift ideas will help keep that special rider in your life rolling smoothly next season. Happy Holidays.
1. Specialized Oura Expert Gel women’s-specific saddle makes an ideal gift. This race-ready curved saddle features optimal power transfer, and the light EVA foam padding with gel adds comfort. $139.
2. Bolle’s Competitor Series Draft sunglasses feature clear lenses with Carbo Glas and hydrophobic coating that protect like armour for optimal clarity. Adjustable nose pads and Thermogrip ensure a secure, comfortable fit. $189-$239, depending on the lens.
3. Multi-functional Buff headware features more than 100 designs that can be worn more than 12 different ways. Made from seamless 100% microfibre, Buffs are machine-washable and great for spin class or cold-weather riding. A perfect gift. $23.
4. Parentini’s P.1200 Windtex jacket is made of soft, light elastic fabric with Windtex membrane that’s waterproof and breathable. $349; Its BIKER.10 Super Roubaix anatomic thermal bib tights offer optimum comfort with FLOU S10 Long Distance elastic chamois. $259.
5. Diadora’s Jet Racer, worn by Tour winner Cadel Evans, is the first cycling shoe to offer a net breathing system that improves breathability while keeping moisture, mud and debris out. $459/pr.
6. The Strider PREbike teaches children aged one to five years how to balance and steer without using training wheels and makes a perfect holiday gift. Less than 7 lbs. and available in seven colours. $129.
7. Alpina’s Mythos helmet is the top choice of Canadian legend Andreas Hestler. This lightweight lid is comfortable and features new anti-bacterial padding, retention system and great venting. $129.
9. The Timex Ironman Race Trainer Pro Kit is a great gift for that special someone, and features ANT+ technology, Flex Tech, fabric Heart Rate Monitor Sensor, 10-workout memory and ergonomic design. $230.
10. Felt’s F-24 features F-Lite tubing in a compact package with 24″ wheels, vibration-damping carbon fork and kids-size handlebar in monster green, the colour of the year! $879.
11. Vaude’s Hyper 14+3 backpack makes an ideal gift, with helmet holder, F.L.A.S.H. shoulder strap adjustment, side compression straps, padded hip belt and more for $120.
12. Pump up your holidays with Zefal’s Profil Mini MT01 telescopic pump, which includes an extra-long hose, foldable aluminum base and lockable T-handle. $40.
13. TechnoCycle’s first English edition of its bicycle mechanics handbook includes many pictures, step-by-step procedures, technical charts, tricks and tips, and is perfect for anyone who loves working on their bike. $45.
14. Nalini’s fashionable Antlia SS jersey for women makes a great gift with such features as Lycra Sport fabric, three-needle stitching, silicon gripper at the hem, a long zip and, of course, a mobile phone pocket. $250.
14. A unique gift, Dahon’s Jifo 16 folds in less than seven seconds using latch technology and weighs only 8.95kg. Once folded, it can be used as a chair. $944.
15. Garneau’s Glacier RD shoes are ideal for winter cycling, with an aluminum-coated insole providing insulation and protection from the cold, along with a Thinsulate waterproof lining. $199.
16. The WeeHoo i-Go lets you bike with your children by allowing them to pedal or simply enjoy the ride. It features a three-point safety harness, quick-adjust seat and detaches for easy storage. $399.
17. Lighten things up with Trelock’s new uber-efficient and powerful LED LS 950. Features a whopping 70 lux with five power levels, LED display and up to 45 hours of illumination time to go the distance. $199.
18. Octto‘s bar tape is renowned for its fabulous colours, fit and durability. Made exclusively from GELicone they’re longer than most other brands, will stay in place, and can easily be removed and reused. $27-$29.
19. Garmin’s Edge 500 is a lightweight GPS-based cycling computer for performance cyclists tracking dozens of data options, with the ability to analyze and share data with Garmin Connect. $370.
20. The Contour ROAM is a light, compact video camera for hand or helmet use that is waterproof to one metre. Record up to eight hours of 1080p video (or 12 hours of 720p video) on a 32GB MicroSD card. $299.
21. Powercranks’ new Entry model is great for cyclists who want to up their game, improve their cadence, strengthen muscle and learn to pedal properly. Used by many top Pros the world over. $699 (and up).
22. A Hammer Nutrition Gift Pack is a great gift for the cyclist on your list. Hammer Gel, HEED and Recoverite provide energy, balance and recovery during and post-ride. $113.
23. Computrainer delivers high accuracy and power with a precision load generator and unmatched durability. Save $350 when you purchase two units during their winter sale. $1,649/each.