August 02, 2011 (Toronto, ON) – We’re pleased to announce the winners of Pedal’s 2011 Tour de France Contest following the one week Doping De-Points rule. Congratulations to Brent Harris of Niagara Falls, ON, who’s team Wrath of Thor topped the field with a final score of 994 points to win the Grand Prize, a Felt F5 Road Bike worth $2,399.
Second prize goes to William Spiller of Ketchum, ID and his PanchoVilla’s Dream team with 949 points winning a pair of Easton EA90 SL Wheels valued at $1,040. Go Ryder Go entered by Bob Ebner of Stittsville, ON, finished 3rd with 946 points only three points back and takes home a SRAM Apex Group worth $900. For trivia fans the the maximum points that could have been earned was 1276.
For the final contest standings after Stage 21 click HERE.
Congratulations to all winners and thanks to all contestants and all of our great sponsors including Felt, Easton, SRAM, Trelock, MOA, Specialized, Louis Garneau, Michelin, SKS, and Michael Barry. The complete list of winners is below…
Pedal’s 2011 TdF Contest Contest Winners
* 1st Prize – Felt F5 Road Bike – SRP $2,399
– Wrath of Thor – Brent Harris – Niagara Falls, ON
* 2nd Prize – Easton EA90 SL Wheels – SRP $1,040
– PanchoVilla’s Dream team – William Spiller – Ketchum, ID
* 3rd Prize – SRAM Apex Group – SRP $900
– Go Ryder Go – Bob Ebner – Stittsville, ON
* 6th Prize –Specialized S-Works Prevail Helmet – SRP $300
– Mardi Gras – Martin Austin – Dartmouth, NS
* 7th Prize – Louis Garneau CFS-300 Road Shoes – SRP $299
– Lack Of Imagination – Clayton Stafford – Drayton Valley, AB
* 8th Prize – Michelin Pro 3 Tires – SRP $140/pr
– Rivers-Biker – Janet Rivers – Port Colborne, ON
* 9th Prize – SKS Airbase PRO Floor Pump – SRP $100
– WFB JSB – Courtney Thorne – Whitby, ON
* 10th Prize – Michael Barry’s Le Metier Cycling Book – SRP $45
– Team HG – Robert Naish – Cobourg, ON
Pedal is Canada’s leading cycling magazine covering all aspects of the sport since 1989.