April 7, 2009 (Los Angeles) – The penultimate day of the Pan Am trials has concluded with some outstanding times. On tap was Team sprint and Team pursuit. The best combinations of riders were formulatedÂ and the team sprint trio of Lawrence Leroux, Joseph Veloce, and StephaneÂ CossetteÂ were able to run a 46.87 on theirÂ second attempt together. This puts them just four tenths of a second from selection criteria time standard.
The team pursuit was no less impressive with a quartet of Jean-Michel Lachance, Matt Potma, Mark MacDonald and Stephen Meyer clocking a 4:27.66 (4:19.5 is the standard). It must be remembered these teams for selection have never done these events before as a unit. the team sprint riders are ages 20, 19 and 19 and the team pursuit riders are ages 20, 20, 22, 25. This bodes very well for the future. The final day will see a few riders have a last attempt at the mass start test and sprint qualifications as well as a mass start race.
– Lawrence Leroux, Allan Leparskas, Joe Veloce 48.75
– Lawrence Leroux, Stephane Cossette, Joe Veloce 47.27 (1st) 46.87 (2nd)
– Karin Cote, Monique Sullivan 36.17
– Jean-Michel LaChance, Matt Potma, Mark MacDonald, Stephen Meyer 4:27:66
– David Boily, Tim Sherstobitoff, Ryan Aitcheson, Daniele DeFranchesci 4:31:18