June 09, 2014 (London, ON) – The members of the Forest City Velodrome are excited to have the Ontario Cup Youth Series in London for a double-header race event this weekend June 14-15… please find updated information and schedules below.
Delaware Speedway – Saturday June 14th
– 8am: Race Day set up begins.
– 9am – 11am: Infield gates open. Team’s will pit on the infield and pit road. Please note, if you choose to take a vehicle into the infield, you are there for the day… no vehicles will leave the infield during the races. Cars can be left outside of the track and walk to the infield (we have had questions).
– 9:30am: Registration & sign on begins.
– 11am – 11:50am: Time Trial Warm-up for each category (clock wise).
– 11:50am: Squirt, Pee Wee Staging for Time Trials.
– 12:01pm: First Riders begin TT.
– 3pm: Podiums will be completed during the events.
– 5:15pm: Racing and Awards should be completed.
– 5:30pm: Race teardown and drop off at Sovereign Road course.
Tourisn London Youth Grand Prix
Sovereign Road Criterium course (Admiral & Sovereign Roads) – Sunday June 15th
– 6am: Race Day set up begins.
– 7am: Team Parking on Sovereign Rd (south of the course)
– 7:30am: Registration & sign on begins.
– 8am – 8:50am: Time Trial Warm-up for each category (Counter Clockwise).
– 8:50am: Squirt, Pee Wee Staging for Time Trials.
– 9:01pm: First Riders begin TT.
– 12:15pm: Podiums will be completed during the events.
– 2:30pm: Race teardown of Race circuit.
The FCV and race volunteers have put together an outstanding weekend of Youth races, Over $2,000 in cycling-related Gift Certificates (Reynolds Cycle – London), goody bags for each racer as they sign on for Sunday’s race.
A $20 discounted entry if you register for both days of racing, five podium places for each category plus medals in the Time Trial, Road Race and General Classification – that’s 240 medals for racers reaching the podium.
Special thank you to the OCA for supporting the London Double header weekend.