December 11, 2016 (Toronto, ON) – The OCA Rising Stars BMX Academy has been introduced to provide BMX riders (men and women), with a clear pathway to High Performance through regular training and assessment.
- The target cohort are athletes that have potential to reach national or Canada Cup podiums by 2017/18 and future International medal potential for 2024 and 2028.
- To provide quality coaching to targeted athletes at academy identified tracks and Joyride 150 [winter daily training environment].
- To expose athletes to and develop skills on an SX track.
- To support athletes using a detailed training program and monthly monitoring.
- To provide training camps and a daily training environment for riders in the Train to Train and Learn to Compete stages of the OCA’s LTAD.
- To prepare athletes with the training required to be successful at a national level.
For Full Selection and Criteria Documents and Application Form please click here.
Application Deadline: December 21st, 2016