November 28, 2013 (Ottawa, ON) – CSTA’s 2014 PRESTIGE Awards (Program Recognizing Exceptional Sport Tourism Initiatives, Games & Events) nomination period will be Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013 until Friday, January 24st, 2014. The PRESTIGE Awards celebrate the people, places and events that make the Canadian sport tourism industry so vibrant and dynamic.
2014 CSTA Award Categories (NEW Groups!)
– CSTA Canadian Sport Event of the Year Award presented by Tourisme Montreal
- Group A: with an event budget greater than $250,000
- Group B: with an event budget less than $250,000
– CSTA International Sport Event of the Year Award
– CSTA Sport Event Volunteer of the Year Award
– CSTA Sport Tourism Champion Award presented Tourism Toronto
– CSTA Sport Tourism Organization of the Year Award presented by WestJet
– CSTA Canadian Sport Event Sponsor of the Year Award presented by Adup
The CSTA PRESTIGE Awards are presented annually in six categories to individuals, companies, events and organizations that have made outstanding contributions to the success of the sport tourism industry across Canada. The 2014 CSTA PRESTIGE Awards will be announced at the PRESTIGE Luncheon presented by Saskatoon Sports Tourism on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 in conjunction with CSTA’s Sport Events Congress that will be held April 1-3, 2014 at the Shaw Conference Centre in Edmonton.
– All 2014 Nomination criteria can be found here.
– Award nominations must have occurred during the 2013 calendar year unless otherwise specified.
– Self-nominations are permitted and encouraged by individuals or organizations.
Nominations for the 2014 CSTA PRESTIGE Awards will be accepted via email until 8:00 pm EST on Friday, January 24th, 2014.