June 29, 2011 (Montreal, QC) – Specialized is proud to announce the launch of the 2012 Amira Women’s Race Bike, introduced last weekend at the Lurreta Emakumeen Bira stage race in Spain. The 2012 Amira brings a number of improved rider benefits:
– Best stiffness-to-weight thanks to the next evolution of FACT IS carbon tube shaping with women’s layup and tubesets;
– Precision steering and quick handling courtesy of stiff, 1-1/8″ to 1-3/8″ tapered head tube assembly;
– Faster acceleration via oversized down tube plus one-piece OSBB/chainstay construction which minimizes deflection under load;
– Lightweight women’s components on all models, including high-tech, electronic Shimano Ui2 model;
– A true women’s race bike with wins in races like the Tour of Qatar and the Redlands Classic to prove it;
– Optimal fit thanks to women’s performance geometry.
For more on the 2012 Amira click HERE.