February 28, 2011 (Austin, TX) – The North American Handmade Bicycle Show has set several new records in what many agree is the most successful show in the event’s seven-year history. NAHBS founder and president, Don Walker, said, “I am over the moon right now. The amount the show has grown in the past 12 months has exceeded all of my hopes and expectations. And with the show going to Sacramento, California, next year, I have a feeling we’re headed for another big one 12 months from now.”
The Sacramento show is scheduled for March 2-4, 2012.
At total of 7316 people visited the show this year, narrowly surpassing the previous high mark of 7200 in Portland, Oregon, in 2008. Media attendance was at 134, compared to 100 in ’08, and 174 exhibitors were present, 24 up on the 2008 high water mark.
The 2011 NAHBS Awards winners
– Best Road: Ellis Cycles
– Best Track: Six-Eleven Bicycle Co.
– Best Offroad: Black Sheep Fabrication Inc.
– Best Tandem: Eriksen Cycles
– Best Carbon Fiber: Strong Frames
– Best Steel: Bishop Bikes
– Best Titanium: Kish Fabrication
– Best Lugged: Bilenky Cycle Works
– Best Filet brazed: Dominguez Cycles
– Best TIG Welded: Independent Fabrication Inc.
– Best City Bike: Signal Cycles
– Best Paint: KirkLee Bicycles
– Rookie of the year: Rosene Hand Built Bicycles
– People’s Choice: Naked Bicycles
– President’s Choice: Anderson Custom Bicycles
– Best in Show: DiNucci Cycles