Gagne 7th at UCI MTB World Championships Elite Men/Women Eliminator Full Results
Van der Ploeg takes the gold © Michal Cerveny
September 01, 2013 (Pietermaritzburg, South Africa) – Raphael Gagne was the top Canadian placing 7th in the Elite Men’s Eliminator on Sunday followed by Leandre Bouchard in 15th.
Gagne in action finished 7th. © Michal Cerveny
Geoff Kabush, the fastest Canadian qualifier in 5th, ended up 26th with Max Plaxton finishing 31st. Gagne distinguished himself at the beginning of the season when he landed 5th on the Eliminator podium
in Albastadt, Germany at round #1.
Engen takes the gold over Neff © Michal Cerveny
Canada’s Andréanne Pichette and Laura Bietola placed 17th and 21st respectively in the Elite Women’s race won by Sweden’s Alexandra Engen with top qualifier and recently crowned U23 champ, Jolanda Neff (Sui), in second followed by Linda Indergand also from Switzerland in 3rd.
- Gagne © Michal Cerveny
- Men's podium © Michal Cerveny
- Van der Ploeg © Michal Cerveny
- Crash © Michal Cerveny
- Women's podium © Michal Cerveny
- Bouchard runs across the line for 15th. © Michal Cerveny
- Engen takes the gold over Neff © Michal Cerveny
- Engen © Michal Cerveny
- Gagne in action finished 7th. © Michal Cerveny
- Van der Ploeg takes the gold © Michal Cerveny
1. Alexandra Engen (Sweden)
2. Jolanda Neff* (Switzerland)
3. Linda Indergand* (Switzerland)
4. Nadine Rieder (Germany)
5. Kathrin Stirnemann (Switzerland)
6. Lena Putz* (Germany)
7. Helen Grobert* (Germany)
8. Ingrid Sofie Jacobsen* (Norway)
17. Andréanne Pichette (Canada)
21. Laura Bietola* (Canada)
24. Rachel Pageau° (Canada)
Women’s qualifications here.
Women’s final results here.
1. Paul Van Der Ploeg (Australia)
2. Daniel Federspiel (Austria)
3. Catriel Andres Soto (Argentina)
4. Elia Silvestri (Italy)
5. Andy Eyring (Germany)
6. Marcel Wildhaber (Switzerland)
7. Raphael Gagne (Canada)
8. Titouan Perrin Ganier* (France)
16. Leandre Bouchard* (Canada)
26. Geoff Kabush (Canada)
31. Max Plaxton (Canada)
Men’s qualifications here.
Men’s final results here.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.