February 14, 2014 (Montreal, QC) – The 12th annual Montreal Bike Show (MBS) opened its doors today. More than 250 exhibitors (including Pedal Magazine) and brands are present on the show floor at the downtown Place Bonaventure for the Feb. 14—16 consumer bike show. The French name for this event is the “Salon du Vélo de Montréal.”
Among the novelties for the 2014 MBS, will be the “Triathlon Challenge for All,” a unique opportunity for show visitors to participate in a full triathlon over a period ranging from 20 to 60 minutes. To do this, Triathlon Québec, in collaboration with AquaSport, Cycle Technique, Merrell, Oke and Diving Team Altius will construct a unique sports facility including a swimming pool with continuous current (Endless Pool), stationary training bicycles, treadmills, and two transition zones to allow participants to try the three sports of triathlon in conditions simulating reality, all this under the supervision of a team of coaches and specialists.
Show organizer Jan Dubé told Pedal that there were some tense moments Thursday while exhibitors were trying to put together the Endless Pool swimming pool. “It was the first time they had tried assembling such a pool at a trade show, and then they realized that some major parts were missing. The manufacturer is based in Italy and overnight delivery was out of the question. But I told those guys that because they had over 30 years experience in the business, they would find a solution. And they did – the pool was ready by our Friday show opening!”
In the Bike Zone, visitors will be able to check out 2014 models and innovations on some of the better-known bike brands, not to mention the numerous collections of clothing and accessories, including:
– A world premiere launch of the carbon fiber chrome bikes by the Quebec-based company Squad Cycles, the first bicycle manufacturer in the world to offer this revolutionary new type of finish
– The advent of the Ridley bikes at the Mountain Equipment Coop (MEC) booth
– The new collection of European urban bikes by Creme Cycles woman
– First presence in Quebec bikes cargo type Triobike and Bullitt imported directly from Denmark
– Exhibition launch of Tonvélo.ca Internet site, the new guide to buying bikes in Quebec
– The speed revolution has started with the new bike Trek Speed ‹‹Concept 9 Series
– Demonstration systems and 3D positioning Retül Guru Fit Systems
– Available for the first time at the MBS, Bracelet Sports Tag ID, the identifier chosen by Olympic athletes, professional cyclists and Montreal Canadiens hockey players
– Couvreselle.ca and 200 models for all tastes of decorative saddle covers for all derrieres and all seasons!
– Quebec launch system retained the magnetic bicycle frame water bottle brand Vincero Design
– After her success with the collection of clothing for active women , KSL now offers APYK Salon , a new line of sportswear for men
– The SmoveTec system that transforms static workouts on stationary bicycle into a dynamic training
– Demonstration by Guru Cycles on the application of carbon fiber in the composition of a bicycle frame custom
– Large Lecture Theatre cycling La Presse + including an interactive live videoconference with Mexico François- Xavier Delemotte Ambassador for MEC , full family cycling journey around the world
– A 200-meter indoor test track
– Official launch of the new Portneuvoise Véloroute (bike path)
– New cycling plan offered in all Gouverneur Hotels
– For those who like motorized travel to assist their cycling adventures, New West RV will present its newest model of the Mercedes Sprinter Evazion
– CAA Quebec presents its new bike service assistance to cycling enthusiasts
The Health and nutrition area will help visitors prepare their next performance. Learn about the latest news and options to help you improve your performance and endurance and refuel advice and products. By Friday this week, you can not only enjoy incredible special prices offered by the exhibitors, but also discover a host of new products and exhibitors.
Sunday Family Day when admission is free for all children 12 years and under accompanied by a parent; admission is free for the entire show for children aged six and under.
Montreal Bike Show 2014
– Friday (Feb. 14): 12 noon–9 pm,
– Saturday: 10 am — 6 pm
– Sunday: 10 am — 5 pm.
– Adult – $12
– F.Q.S.C. Member – $9
– Triathlon Québec Member – $9
– Senior 65+ – $9
– Student – $9
– Family Pass – $25
– 3 Day Pass (individual) – $25
Place Bonaventure 800, Gauchetière Street W
Montreal (Metro Bonaventure) H5A 1K6