September 07, 2013 (Mongolia) – The 2013 Genco Mongolia Bike Challenge presented by Orbea concluded with Stage Seven today. The route was 86 kilometres with 1,400 metres of climbing and brought the athletes to the 13th Century National Park Historical Ger Camp.
In the Men’s Elite Category, Pau Zamora (Buff-Niner) attacked on the first GPM and brought Wallace (Kona), Ortiz (Selle SMP) and Sager (Jamis) with him. The four GC leaders battled it out for the rest of the stage with Wallace riding away from the group to take the final stage by 50 seconds over Sager. The Final GC standings remained unchanged with Wallace retaining the Pink Jersey for the second straight year. Ortiz finishes second overall followed by Pau Zamora in third.
In the Women’s Category, Sonya Looney (Topeak-Ergon) made a charge midway through the race to take the second GPM and was able to hold on for the stage victory. In the GC, Catherine Williamson (Bizhub-Energas) took the Pink Jersey followed by Looney (Topeak-Ergon) and Erin Greene (Endura NZ), respectively.
Maral-erdene Batmunkh, Altansukh Altanzul and Munkhtulga Erdensuren (Genco Tour Team) took the Yellow Jersey for the Team of Three GC Category. Note: final team results will be updated to reflect this.
The remaining GC category winners include Thomas Vandendaele (Sportsman), Tom Smets (Master 1), Timothy Goulding (Master 2) and Robert Bleeker (Veteran).
1. Cory Wallace (Can) Kona 3:23:00
2. Jason Sager (USA) Jamis 0:50
3. Antonio Ortiz (Esp) Selle SMP 2:00
1. Sonya Looney (USA) Topeak Ergon 3:48:55
2. Catherine Williamson (Gbr) Bizhub-Energas 1:21
3. Erin Greene (Nzl) Endura NZ 16:53
7. Jennifer Schulz (Can) 38:20
1. Cory Wallace (Can) Kona 25:45:24
1. Antonio Ortiz (Esp) Selle SMP 23:21
2. Pau Zamora (Esp) Buff-Niner 21:22
1. Catherine Williamson (Gbr) Bizhub-Energas 28:00:32
2. Sonya Looney (USA) Topeak Ergon 1:49:55
3. Erin Greene (Nzl) Endura NZ 2:59:11
4. Jessica Douglas (Nzl) Liv Giant 4:00:13
5. Jennifer Schulz (Can) 5:32:03
Full results here.