April 27, 2011 (Dieppe, NB) – The Mike’s Bike Shop Cup is a regional racing series which lets cyclists of the area participate in friendly meets. This series is open to riders 15 year old and up and is run under a points format (combining the 18 events).
Every Tuesday, draw prizes and series leader’s recognition will be awarded. All race start at 6:30 unless otherwise noted. Riders must be registered and paid for that evening by 6:15 (or use our on-line system).
A single event now cost 8$ and we encourage participants to sign up on-line for more then a race at a time and take advantage of our discount. The cost to register for a discipline (3 events) will be 20$ and for the whole series (18 races) is 100$.
– Starting May 10, participants will enjoy three Tuesdays of mountain bike (cross country) racing (May 10, 17 & 24) at the Dieppe St-Anselme Park.
– In June (7, 14 & 21) the racing switches to Individual Time Trial at the Moncton airport – parking is on Aviation Ave with the start at the on ramp to the Highway. The route follows the Veterans Memorial Hwy, exit onto the Trans Canada Highway then exit onto Champlain St and turn right onto Aviation Ave with the finish at the parking area.
– For July, we will have events on the Caisse populaire Dieppe Vélodrome. These races will be opened to everyone who took their Track 101 course (or equivalent). Track 101 will be offered throughout the summer and before the events. Race dates are July 5, 12 & 19.
– In August, (Aug 9, 16 & 23). we will have BMX events on the Subway BMX track in the Rotary Park in Ste. Anselme
– In September, racing moves back on the road with the criterium series (Sept 6, 13 & 20). The race circuit will be at Dieppe’s Dover Park.
– Last, but not least, we will hold 3 cyclo-cross events in October (11, 18 & 25) to conclude the series with our famous Boo-Cross event.