April 20, 2009 – After taking a look outside and checking the weather report for this afternoon, the Midweek CC Monday night Learn-to-Race has been cancelled. We’re expecting overÂ 20mm of rain today, with a large chunk of it to fall between 5-8pm (78% probability of rain at Tahoe). Coupled withÂ the fact this is a first session of beginners and cool temperatures, we feel it wouldn’t be a good start to the season.
Don’t worry, the full 8-week course doesn’t start until May 4th, so we still have one more Monday before that for a good warm-up session!
For those planning to participate in tomorrow’s Tuesday Night Criterium Series, while the reports say the rain will continue through to tomorrow, some forecasts call for it to clear up by theÂ late afternoon. As of now theÂ crit is still on for tomorrow, but stay tuned to midweekclub.ca for updates as the day goes on.