August 22, 2007 (Mississauga, ON) – At Tuesday’s late race a break of four went clear with 24 laps to go. After a fast start and many failed attacks a gang of four comprised of Paul Dilecce (Wheels of Bloor), Justin Rogers (Pedal Performance), Chris Freeland (Cycle Solutions) and John McInulty (Midweek CC) were able to establish a gap on the pack. It was only Jonathan Wood (ERTC) who was able to bridge across from the pack.
The group hovered around 20-125 seconds for the majority of the race, but with five laps to go the pack would close in to within 13 seconds and it looked like it would be lights out for the breakaway riders. But they did manage to work well together until the last lap and strongman Wood would take the win with a long sprint ahead of Rogers and Freeland. Tovi Heilbronn of Midweek CC took the pack sprint, giving Midweek CC two top tens on the night as new rider McInulty did an excellent job working in the break, but had to settle for fifth spot in the finale.
Reminder: Next week’s Midweek Monday and Tuesday Night events will be the season finale and also the finale in the Jack Wierzbicki Prestige Series. Start times will be as usual: 6:45pm early race and 7:15pm for the Late Race.
Starting in September Midweek CC will host a Wednesday night cyclocross training and racing event at Centennial Park Wednesday nights. Check www.midweekclub.ca for further information.
22 Laps – 21.6 km
1. Mark Antonio (Ind.)
2. Jeremey Maclellan (Ind.)
3. Elliot Horwitz (Midweek CC)
4. Dawid Kurzawinski (Midweek CC)
5. Kris Kurzawinski (Midweek CC)
6. Jason May (Cyclissimo)
7. Daniel Chavez (Ind.)
40 Laps – 39.2 km – 42.6 kph
1. Jonathan Wood (ERTC) 55:05
2. Justin Rogers (Pedal Performance) s.t.
3. Chris Freeland (Cycle Solutions) s.t.
4. Paul Dilecce (Wheels of Bloor) s.t.
5. John McInulty (Midweek CC) s.t.
6. Tovi Heilbronn (Midweek CC) at 15″
7. Adrian Jackson (Wheels of Bloor) all s.t.
8. Rob D’Amico (Invita Racing)
9. Mike Steed (Pedal Performance)
10. Jeff Sharafbayani (Neworld)
11. Mark Shaw (Chain Reaction)