April 25, 2006 – This week’s Tuesday Night Criterium was run in unseasonably cool and windy conditions. Last year’s series winner got things started with a strong opening attack. Various others made the attempt to get away, but few attacks lasted on the fast but windy Buckhorn circuit. Damian Kurzawinski took a solo flyer with about 20 kms remaining in the race.
He got a slight advantage when the pack was delayed by a crash on the uphill finishing straight (luckily all riders involved are okay). Heath Cockburn was forced to do the work at the front to reel in young Damian while the pack sat on his wheel, but with his effort the pack was together with five laps to go for the impending bunch sprint which taken by Jet Fuel’s Peter Morse.
Team RACE’s Dan Lefevre’s second tonight gives him a one point lead in the overall point standings.
40 Laps – 39.2 km – 40.5 kph avg.
1. Peter Morse (Jet Fuel) 58:00
2. Dan Lefevre (Team RACE) st.
3. Heath Cockburn (La Bicicletta) st.
4. Mark Hinnen (La Bicicletta) st.
5. Damian Kursawinski (ZM Cycle Fitness)st.
6. Roberto Zuech (Wheels of Bloor) st.
7. Attila Hajdu (Mississauga BRC) st.
8. Mark Shaw (Chain Reaction) st.
9. ??? st.
10.Mark Polsinelli st.
Prime: Damian Kurzawinski
1. Ayesha Rollinson (Midweek CC)
2. Kristen Worley (Ind.)
1. Dan Lefevre Team RACE S1 23
2. Peter Morse Jet Fuel S1 22
3. Damian Kurzawinski ZM Cycle Fitness S1 19
4. Rob Zuech Wheels of Bloor MA 15
5. Mark Shaw Chain Reaction MC 14
6. Attila Hajdu Mississauga BRC S1 11
7. Heath Cockburn La Bicicletta S1 10
8. Mark Hinnen La Bicicletta u19 9